32

This chapter dedicated to MissLynneWrites  this is just a little Sunday pick me up. 

    In a low groan I lifted my hand only to feel a restrain

What the hell

Lifting my heavy eyelids I winced at the harsh bright white light. Rolling my tongue around my mouth I pitifully tried to moisten the stiff dryness with little success.  My skin felt like I was covered in a sickly grime and my head felt incredibly heavy..  or my neck was insanely weak as I looked away from the light my eyes fell to the white walls. A small tv was mounted to the wall across the room while tall vases of blooming  flowers were cluttered on a table and lined along the window seal. With the pleasant numbness filling my head my gaze rolled up to the monitors above my head. Immediately I recognized the heart monitor, the IV bag and another bag of liquid that I could only assume to be morphine for the pain I didn't feel. The room spun as I picked my head back up right and my eyes landed on the lubing underneath my skin of each of my arms. My head dropped suddenly as I struggled to focus.

Grumbling in frustration I followed the lubing of the morphine and tightened my hand as much as I could around the thin tube. With a swift yank my arm twitched as the cool air penetrated the hole in my skin. Immediately the above machine began beeping loudly. Gripping the handles of the hospital bed my arms shook and sweat beaded my skin as my muscles strained tiredly pulling myself upright. My head dropped again as the machine seemed to beep even louder ringing through my skull.

"Oh shit"

Lifting my head I stared back at Nick at the doorway of my room. His eyes were wide and a suddenly he smiled.

" Yo guys he's up!" He yelled hastily stepping back out of the door.

As I grabbed ahold of my head I closed my eyes with the only thing that really mattered to me on my mind.

Mia

I needed to see her.

Barely any time passed before the door to my room open again with Nick guiding the crowd. My dad was right behind with the faces of all of my closest friends in tow. Jake, Eli, Dom, Donte, Savino, his dad Gerald, and even Monty. Just as my eyebrows furrowed in confusion a doctor with a few nurses hurried in last. Immediately they began reading the monitors and grabbed the lubing off of the floor. Without words dad grabbed ahold of me, almost pulling me out of the bed. The bones of my shoulder blades shifted underneath the crushing embrace.

" Don't you ever scare me like that again" he muttered into my ear grabbing ahold of my head.

" You can let go now" my lips cracked as a weak smile rose up my face.

Releasing my head dad's eyes glistened as he ran his hand over the back of my head. Before stepping back as one of the nurses handed me a cup of cold water. Slowly the cold liquid coated my mouth and rehydrated my painfully dry throat.