11

It's been almost two weeks since Dylan and I crossed paths but after going through my old things I found the bracelet he gifted to me long ago

                  It's been almost two weeks since Dylan and I crossed paths but after going through my old things I found the bracelet he gifted to me long ago. It was a sign and I knew I shouldn't keep trying to hold on.

Dylan made it clear, he doesn't want anything to do with me. But after his game last night everyone knew he was going to have girls from every direction wanting his attention. It was the weekend so everything and everyone was much more lax. Putting the bracelet inside of the separate pocket in my purse I sighed looking at my reflection one more time. It was a hot day today, my bruises were gone so I kept my outfit simple. It was a cut off white tank top and a pair of pale pink high waisted shorts. The yellow and white air forces matched my purse and the hoops dangling from my ears.

Even the leather strap and holster holding my pocket knife around my thigh was bright yellow.

Hitching my purse over my shoulder I strode out of the dorm room, locking the door behind me. I ignored the nosey gazes in my direction as I headed out of the air conditioned building and out into the heat. Walking along the sidewalk I headed towards the hockey frat house gazing at all the passing faces. Everyone was in high spirits after the game and there was even talk that Dylan was going to go pro.

I was genuinely happy for him especially if he could do it, break away from his crime family and become something else.

Even if I wasn't there to see it, I wanted him to succeed.

A tv blared loudly from inside the large house as rambunctious laughter and talking rang through the sturdy walls. Steeling my nerves I lifted my hand ringing the doorbell. Unsurprisingly no one answered so I pushed the button about a dozen more times. With a swoosh the heavy door pulled open revealing Aaron, he smiled cheekily as he gazed down at me. His attitude was entirely different from our last encounter when I was sure he definitely wanted to punch me in the face.

" What's up Mia, you want to see Dylan right?"

" Uh well yeah"

Nodding he stepped back. " Come in, you can wait for him with us"

Peering inside I mentally cringed from the suffocating testosterone and conflicting body odors.

" Um is Dylan not here? Cause I can just come back"

" He's here, come on"

Aaron gestured for me to come inside without moving again and as I stepped inside I held my tongue as Aaron brushed up against me while closing the door. He let out a low chuckle knowing exactly what he did, ignoring him I strode into the living room where a lot of guys were gathered watching a hockey game on the tv.

These guys literally lived and breathed hockey.

Casting wide smiles my way their eyes lingered on my chest before greedily trailing downward to my thighs. Hastily they cleared a sliver of space on the couch for me between two of the hulking hockey players. Almost immediately Aaron demanded that one of the guys beside me get up. Reluctantly the guy got up from his seat and Aaron squeeze into the space.