A falcon for a Kingslayer - Part 3 - Jaime x Tyrion x Reader

(Y/n) softly stroked Katesto's head, as she and her feathered friend circled the tall man. Two pairs of eyes taking in every aspect of him. She couldn't say what was going on in the mind of the falcon; but in hers, there were thoughts appearing that she hadn't expected, thoughts that given the difference in their social standings, perhaps she shouldn't hope could come true. But...........he was handsome, there was no denying it. He had a pleasing stubble across his chin and cheeks. And his eyes, the way they were looking at her were making her mind race all the more. Yet it would take more than a handsome face, stunning eyes and her own dreamy thoughts for her to agree to him having one of her children.

"So, Katesto, what do you think..........?" The falconer asked the bird quietly. (Y/n) chuckling to herself as the falcon screeched, and the two lions jumped.

"You will have to be a little braver than that Kingsguard, if you expect to be able to handle not only one of my little ones, as well my instruction. I am a hard taskmaster, and even though you are the son of Tywin Lannister that does not mean that I will go easy on you." (Y/n) continued, before reaching for his golden hand. Jaime quite taken aback as she looked at it, before letting it go.

"The hand is no use. The talons of the birds will not be able to grip onto it, you will still need a glove. But this still all depends on whether my children actually like you or not. Get your horses and follow me." She added, before turning and making her way across the clearing. Jaime and Tyrion looking at one another for a moment, before quickly making their way to retrieve their mounts.

"She is a little................" Jaime began, as he helped his brother get onto his horse, before climbing up onto his own.

"Straightforward. I did tell you. When it comes to her birds, she definitely doesn't pull any punches. But at least she has told us to follow her, a little part of me was worried that she would still turn us away. So, I suggest that we hurry, I think that we might lose her if we don't." Tyrion interrupted, as he saw the woman in question, move into the trees. The two nobles geeing on their horses and quickly following after the falconer.

Jaime couldn't help but smile to himself. This falconer was certainly a different kind of woman to others that he had come across. And it was obvious that she neither cared for who or what he was. The woman not willing to just hand over one of the feathered creatures, because he was a Kingsguard and son of the Hand of the King. No, it was obvious that she cared too much for the creatures, to just give them up. That she loved them too much, to not ensure that they were happy before even thinking about training him. And given the way that the bird on her arm had closed its eyes and seemed to savour her touch as she had stroked its head, it was clear that the bird felt something for her too.

"You seem preoccupied, brother." A cheery voice came. Jaime turning to look at a smiling Tyrion.

"Not preoccupied. Just wondering how it is that you always manage to find these people." Jaime replied with his own smile, as the lions continued down the path that cut through the densely packed trees on either side.

"Luck. I do not believe that there is any other word for it. That, and once you venture beyond the wall of the Keep and out of the city, it is surprising what little gems you can find in the most unlikely places. What diamonds you can find in the rough." Tyrion replied, as pulled his horse to a stop. The little lords smile getting bigger as he pointed. Jaime once again following his brother's finger to see a small home set into another small clearing. The golden lion watching as the beautiful woman made her way into a large hut that sat to the side of the stone built home. A home that Jaime would have had no idea was there if he had not had the falconer and his brother leading the way.

"Well..........come on. We don't want to keep (Y/n) or the birds waiting." The youngest Lannister continued, before pushing his horse on.

                                                     >>-------------------------------------<<

"Wash." (Y/n) ordered, as the two lions made tied up their mounts and made their way to the hut. Jaime's brows furrowing as he looked at the bowl of clean water that she had appeared with.

"You need to wash your hands before and after handling the birds. It will keep you and them safer. When you have done that, you may come inside. Quietly!" She continued, before making her way back into the hut. Jaime just looking to a still smiling Tyrion before doing as he was told.

Finally, he and Tyrion stepped inside, Jaime's eyes growing wide, as he took in what was in front of him. What felt like hundreds of little black eyes glaring at him. The Kingsguard feeling rather uncomfortable, as the falconer made her way over to a large eagle that looked at him from a perch on the ground; (Y/n) pulling a chunk of meat from the bag that hung around her shoulders.

"This is Arrano............" (Y/n) explained, as she felt someone come up behind her.

"Over there is Manuk.........." She continued, as she pointed to a beautiful pale owl that looked at the two men.

"And of course, you have met Katesto. Just like all my other birds, I have raised them from the moment that they broke out from their eggs. They are as important to me as if they were my own blood. They will never leave me; but, perhaps I might have something.............." (Y/n) explained, before getting to her feet and making her way through a small door. Other much smaller birds now taking their turn to look at the lions.

Carefully Tyrion pushed his brother forward; Jaime watching the birds as intently as they were watching him. The Kingsguard moving to where the falconer stood; her fingers gently caressing the head of a truly beautiful bird.

"This is Hesperus, my little evening star." (Y/n) introduced, before she took Jaime's hand and carefully helped him the stroke the creature.

"He is one of Katesto's son's, one of the sweetest tercel's that I have ever reeded..........."

"He..........he seems to like me............" Jaime interjected. The golden lion feeling a sense of excitement come over him; not sure whether it was because Hesperus seemed to be accepting him, or that he was so close to the breathtaking falconer. His hand still in hers.

"You will return tomorrow; our training will start then." (Y/n) announced, as she turned to look at the nobles. Her chest almost touching that of the Kingslayer's.

"And there will be no need for any of your gold, little lord. If my Hesperus is happy, that is payment enough. Now, you can go; I have things I need to do.........." She explained to Tyrion, before almost pushing the two men out of the hut. The door being closed behind them.