“It’s your voice mate. Now, tell me.”

  “It’s going to sound like a freaking rant but you are the only one who I thought could help me.” He started off making me more worried. Jo and I were close but we weren’t that close that he would come to me for help.

  “I had a huge fight with my brother. Well, it’s not a fight it was more of him having my ass,” Jo chuckled sadly then continued, “Anyway I just want to leave you know. He’s having a tight leash around me and I’m suffocating. He literally yelled and sh*t over me skipping some dump meeting. I don’t even want to imagine what he would do if he knew I was in a relationship.”

  A wave of relief washed over me when I knew it wasn’t anything to do with Iman and I began to think rationally. Here I had Jo calling to vent out to me out of all people, what could I say to him that would make Iman proud of me if she heard it?

  “I know you really can’t stand the mention of his name right now but mate, he’s only looking after you. His ways might be irritating as hell but at the end of the day he just wants the best for you.” It was the truth. If I knew anything about those Saleh’s, was that they loved each other very much and would do anything to look after one another even if it meant having their little brother hating them for a while.

  “You are f*cking defending him? Mate, he f*cking threatened to send me to Islah Islamic school just because I skipped a damn meeting.” Jo yelled out of frustration. My mouth literally dropped hearing the name of the place. It was the worst place they could think of.

  “I’m sure it’s just a threat, though.” I try to calm him down. I knew Iman was a moderated minded girl. No way would she agree to what they do in Islah’s.

  “You don’t know my brother.” I could almost see his eye roll with this kind of tone.

  “I’m sure it’s just out of anger. Why don’t you like talk to him when he cools down a little? Family fights are the worse.” I tried to advise him the way Iman would advise me. God, I talk to her so much she is beginning to rub on me now.

  “Mate, are you high or something? I can’t just go talk to Ayman.”

  “Fine talk to Iman then. I’m sure she could be the mediator here. Just be honest with her and she could help solve this thing out.” I reasoned with him.

  “I honestly don’t know why I called you. I might as well have called my Uncle.” He sighed annoyed which I understand. I knew he expected me to tell him just ditch for a bit come over or whatever but that wouldn’t solve anything.

  “Look, I know you didn’t expect me to be the lecturer in this situation but man family over everything.”

  “Whatever, I have to go anyways. Catch you later.” He gave up on me.

  “Okay mate. Good luck with your brother and don’t do anything stupid, Jo.” I chuckled jokingly but I was serious inside.

  “Yeah, Yeah. Enjoy touring you lucky bastard.”

  ***

~Yasmin’s P.O.V~

  Yesterday was hectic. Ayman was so mad, I could see smoke coming out of his ears. I knew the smartest thing to do was to let him go for a little bit just blow off some steam yesterday.

  It’s about 6:45AM now and Ayman was up getting ready for work. Youssef in the other hand was still in his room, no sound coming from it. Iman’s eyes had worry in them and I knew she wanted to go wake up Jo but was too proud to talk to him just a couple of hours after he was caught so I decided to go make sure he was up.