Vol. 4 CH. 8 - The figure of a hero (2)

Start from the beginning

The maid lowers her head after softly laughing at Kyoushiro's words. The person who she had only been serving for a few months was the kind of person who shows kindness to others who treat him properly and was extremely harsh if not.

Each and every maid hired to take care of the castle knows the Black Hero well enough to be comfortable enough to show such expressions to other people.

As soon as the maid left, Kyoushiro opens the door.

"Wow...."

Finnick exclaimed at the height of the ceiling with glass chandeliers shining down from the ceiling with mist like effect. Not only that, the guards stationed at every pillar of the walls showed such powerful air as if they can jumped at the enemy at any time.

"Amazing....."

Corralia lawed at the colorful glass panels that formed into a flower. There were even figures of people there as though telling a story.

"Oh? Welcome back Kyou-san. I see you brought some new wives I see"

"Just what do you people think of me......"

Edsel welcomed Kyoushiro and his guests. The elf mother of Dahlia, who looked more lively now than before, showed a soft smile as she laughs at Kyoushiro's remark. Finnick was taken aback by such beauty of an older woman that he instinctively ran towards Kyoushiro back and hide.

Elyria leered at the kid who didn't even showed the same expression when they first met while Corralia just muttered "Ara~Ara~"

"I never knew you had a son Kyou-san?"

"He's not mine. The kid's a straggler"

"Ah, I see. Another one of your rescue?"

"Nope, he was already fine when he woke up back on the other side. I don't know why he still stuck around"

Kyoushiro moved away suddenly, exposing Finnick. Instantly, the boy's face flare up as he saw the woman with a motherly figure look down on him with a smile. Elyria showed a disgusted face while watching Finnick and Corralia just watched in silence, enjoying the scene.

"Hey there, my name is Edsel. I'm a person who has been saved by the kindness of the Hero Kyou-san"

"F-F-Finnick......"

Finnick answered bashfully. His face was red and his eyes was darting from one place to another. Probably because the woman before him was kneeled down to his height, further emphasizing the two nuclear bombs on her chest.

Kyoushiro sighed as he caught Finnick glancing at him for help but the severe look of disgust on Elyria's face was enough to make Kyoushiro look away. Why did he avert his gaze there? Was it because he got scared? Kyoushiro had no idea why he just looked away from Elyria's gaze.

"Kyoushiro! Welcome back!!"

It was then that Arianne entered the room. Unbefitting of her stature, she leaped towards Kyoushiro and wrapped her arms around his back then burried her face on his chest.

"Did you come back after you finished making the [Gate]?"

"Yeah and I'm going to talk with the R&D guys. Queen Rizandra asked for a favor you see"

"Then are you staying for a while? I hope you would....."

With pleading eyes, Arianne waited for Kyoushiro to answer. Thinking in his mind "She really doesn't hold back huh...." as he sighed and patted Arianne's head.

"I will. There's something I need to do for now anyway"

"Really?! Then, shall I call Lucinda-sama and Clara-chan to visit during the festival?"