Glasses Problems

(I am so sorry that it's been so long since I updated. I didn't have the motivation and I was busy and then suddenly it's been over two weeks. Once again, very sorry)

Sci's POV

I woke up this morning in a rush. I must have forgotten to turn back on my alarm so I had to hurry to get all my stuff together to get to work on time.

I walked into the lab, and the first thing I thought was, it looks kinda weird. That's when I realized my fatal mistake. I forgot my glasses.

Way to go, Sci. You forgot the thing that makes you able to see. How is this even possible. One would think I would notice if I couldn't see properly.

One would be incorrect, somewhere between pulling on my lab coat and shoving a half-burnt bagel in my mouth, I left my glasses on my bedside table.

I'm just a genius some days.

It's strangely empty today. Normally by this time, there's at least five other people here.

I head to my supervisor's office. Looks like I'm the only one here.

I quickly go over to the schedule board and get out my phone so I can call my boss, but as soon as I turn it on, I had my answer.

"IT'S FUCKING SATURDAY!" I yell.

"I didn't know you could cuss," said a familiar voice.

I jump a bit and then attempt to make it look like I wasn't just scared out of my wits.

I can see a human-ish shape in the doorway. "Outer, is that you?"

"Yeah, I forgot some papers here yesterday. Just stopped in to get them"

Outer is nice. He's a college student, working with us part time for some extra money. He's only 2 years younger than me, of course I skipped some grades  and graduated early so it feels like I'm older than him by more than that.

"Are you... missing your glasses?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"You are kinda squinting. I can drive you home if you want, so you can get your glasses, and then we can come back here to get your car. If that's ok with you?"

"Yes, that would be satisfactory"

We walk out and have an awkward drive to my house. I never liked having other people drive me, too many variables.

Anyway, after that whole embarrassing ordeal, we're in the parking lot at work about to go home.

"Would you like to go get coffee sometime?" I ask suddenly. "I'll pay, it's the least I can do after you helped me out."

"Sure, when were you thinking?"

"How about later today, around noon? Coffee shop on the corner of 5th and Madison?"

"Ok. I'll see you then."

(Later)

I meet Outer at the coffee shop. We sit at a table across from each other. At least I had time to get out of my work outfit.

It feels kinda like a job interview. Lots of small talk as we sip coffee.

"You're easy to talk to. Sorry if that was random"

"No, it's alright. To be honest, this is probably the best date I've ever been on"

I nearly choke. This is a date? This is what a date is?!

"Are you ok, Sci?"

I take a minute to compose myself. "I'm fine I was just unaware that this qualifies as a date"

He gets quite flustered. "It doesn't have to be. I mean, you just. I'm sorry, I just assumed"

"No, it's fine. It can be date"

"Cool. I've got to go now, I'll see you Monday."

"Goodbye"

He leaves and just before I get I suddenly realize something. I should have gotten his phone number.

————
This was fun to write. Look at these nerdy boys, they're so cute together. See ya, imaginary people