Failure

Dream's POV

"Brother please, we can stop fighting, just stop destroying the AUs."

"No, Dream, I have to do this."

"I know you're upset and hurting, I understand. But you're going too far."

"How could you ever understand pain or sadness? You were always the perfect and spoiled one, don't talk to me like you know what I went through."

"NIghtmare, I-" He cuts me off.

"I've heard enough, Dream. Goodbye." He teleports off, probably back to his hideout with the rest of his team.

Sure, I can't feel negative emotions. Just like how Nightmare can't feel positive emotions.

(Time skip: years later) {This time skip was brought to you by, the author basically having writers block.)

I was just sitting with my friends the other Star Sanses, Blue and Ink. A portal opened in our living room and we got ready for a fight. Through the portal came Cross and.... Nightmare. Not corrupted Nightmare, my brother in his passive form.

"Dream, I know I have a lot to answer for but, I changed. I stopped destroying like you wanted. Cross, brought me back from evil. He helped me learn how to love again." Nightmare then gives Cross a quick kiss.

"We don't mean any of you harm. We really have changed." Cross says. Ink and Blue believe them, I can read their feelings.

I spent forever trying to get Nightmare back but I failed. Cross was able to do it, why couldn't I?

"Dream? Are you ok?"

"I..... need to go to my room for a bit"

"Ok." Nightmare then gives me a hug and let's me go to my room. I lay on my bed clutching a pillow to my chest and cry.

Nightmare was always there for me, why couldn't I see he was hurting? Why couldn't I help him? He probably is just pitying me. I'm still that stupid kid from Dreamtale, no matter how hard I try that's all I'll ever be. That's all anyone will ever see me as.

The door opens. I lift my head to look at who it is. Nightmare walks over and sits on the edge of my bed. "Why are you upset?"

I make my aura stronger so he can't feel my sadness anymore. "I'm not"

"Brother... I don't need to feel emotions to know you're upset" I sit up still hugging the pillow. I avoid looking him in the eyes and we just sit there in silence. I press my face into my pillow. "Hey, Dream, look at this."

I peek over my pillow and can't help but laughing a little bit. Nightmare is laying off the edge of the bed with his head on the floor. "That's better."

He used to do something like this whenever I had a bad dream. He would tell jokes and make funny faces to cheer me up. He was always the best at cheering people up because he knew exactly what to do. I never understood that, I tried but I just never got it. I'm probably the worst guardian of positivity in the history and future of the multiverse. Nightmare could do so much better at my job than me. Why am I even necessary?

————————
Ugh, more emotional vent chapters. I just want to talk to people, not about anything that's going on, I just want to talk.

I'm having a writers block thing probably only stuff that's going to get done is angst/sad stuff. I'll try and get back to normal as soon as I can. See ya, imaginary people.