It's Not That Simple

(This will be the first time in this book, that I remember, that I'll use some OCs that aren't ship kids. Both the main ones here are mine)

Coffee_Is_Life_X3

3rd Person POV

Shatter and Blitz would never have called each other boyfriends. It was complicated. They had a mutual attraction and provided each other comfort but it wasn't love and that suited them just fine.

Maybe that's why things ended how they did or it could be because of Blitz's drinking problem.

One of their many problems was that Blitz didn't know how to have a healthy relationship. In his mind, if one person made a mistake it was expected that the other would retaliate. Shatter always overlooked it because he was happy with the comfort their relationship gave him and the space from his home.

It started out like a normal day for them.

"I thought I told you to stop drinking," Shatter said.

Blitz slightly growled, still pissed about the fight he got in earlier. "You don't control me"

"Nobody controls you and that's why you get into so much trouble. If you don't stop, it's going to come back to haunt you"

"And when did you get so philosophical? Had time to think about it while avoiding your AU?" Bringing up Shatter's home was something Blitz would never do when he wasn't extremely drunk. It made the other very angry and upset because it was his fault, what happened.

Shatter looked down for a minute before slapping Blitz as hard as he could across the face. It left a stinging red mark on his cheek. In his drunk state, the pain wasn't that bad. Without even a thought he grabbed the smaller male and slammed his back against the wall, knocking the wind out of him.

Shatter laid on the floor trying to breath again. He and Blitz argued a lot but they never hurt each other. "I'm done. I'm out of here."

"What?"

"You heard me. I don't need you. You won't even listen to me when I'm trying to help you," he said while getting up to go to his room. He grabbed his things and went home.

The next morning, Blitz woke up with a massive hangover. He didn't remember what happened last night. The first thing he did was call Shatter to ask where he was. He got a quick explanation of what happened last night, besides the part where they physically fought.

Blitz felt so stupid for everything and in his typical fashion, dealt with his feelings by drinking. He was completely wasted by the afternoon. He lost track of how much he had, he just wanted to stop feeling. He got his wish when he passed out.

Shatter tried to settle back into the routine of home, but it felt weird. He had the nagging feeling that he need to check on Blitz, knowing him, he had probably given himself alcohol poisoning by now. He gave a sigh, this was the last thing he would ever do for that idiot.

———————
I don't really care if you don't understand, I'm too tired to explain. See ya, imaginary people