Blacklight

(Dreamswap!Dream x Cross, requested by CoralCadbury Ship name by TheChildOfAGroup (just giving them a bit of credit for it))

Light's POV

Ink came into my office after knocking, of course.

"Sir, I don't want to interrupt you, but we found one of Nightmare's group wandering outside. I thought you might want to question him."

"Have you been to see the prisoner yourself yet?"

"Not yet. I was going to head there but I thought, with such a high profile prisoner you might want to talk to them yourself first."

"I've got nothing better to do, let's go greet our new guest."

We walk down to the prison and go to the interrogation room. We dismiss the guards and go inside. The first thing that I notice is that this isn't Cross, at least not the Cross from our world.

"So, you must be the leader around here, right?" Cross asks me.

"That would be correct. You're not from our multiverse, you're from the original multiverse."

"Great, now that that misunderstanding is out of the way, you can let me out and I can go home and we'll pretend this never happened."

"I'm afraid I can't just do that. You see, my followers, they think that you are our enemy, so you need to stay here to reassure them."

"I don't know if you noticed but I don't belong here. You need to let me go home, just admit that you were wrong."

My wings flare-up in irritation, but luckily, Ink jumps to defend me. "Light is never wrong, prisoner!"

"Wow, you won't even go by your real name"

"That was the name of a coward, I am no coward."

"He single-handedly brought order to our multiverse! You should listen to what he says!"

"Thank you, Ink, but I can handle this myself, wait outside, please. I will call for you when I need you." Ink nods and quickly exits. "Isn't he just the best brain-washed servant?"

"You're sick"

"I have restored peace. Your attitude intrigues me, I like it. I would hate to ruin that. So, if you play along and do what I say, I'll let you go home and we'll forget this ever happened."

"And if I refuse?"

"You'll end up a loyal servant"

"You mean brain-washed"

"You make it sound so bad, it's more a shove in the right direction." I didn't care whether or not Cross picked to play nice, but it would be more fun to break him and strip his dignity.

"I'll play along. What is it you want?"

"You'll find out soon enough. For now, continue being prisoner. I'll free you later." Oh, this would be fun. He should have known not to trust me, I don't intend to keep up my end of the agreement.

-------------------------

I see Light as a jerk, this was actually really fun to write. See ya, imaginary people.