Say You Won't Let Go

Characters: Dean Winchester x Reader

Warnings: dean's point of view, first person pov, fluff

Request by anon: Can you write a Dean x Reader based on the song Say you won't let go von James Arthur? I think it fits perfectly to Dean's third Reader POV but please do it however you want. Thank you so much.💕😊

Summary: Dean doesn't believe he is fit for relationships until he saw you smile for the first time. Now, all he hopes is that you don't end up letting him go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean Winchester is a lot of things, but he's not a relationship guy. Yes, I referred to myself in the third person, but it doesn't change the fact that I am not fit to be in a relationship. My brother and I always moved around as kids, I never stayed in one place for too long, and I didn't see a point to starting something new when I knew I wasn't going to be there the next day or the next week.

I've done some bad shit in my days, talked back to virtually every grownup who stood in my way, and broke almost every rule. I'm not a good man, and I don't expect some woman to see me and think they can change me.

It's better off that I'm alone. Sammy is the one for relationships. He and Jessica are going on their third year into marriage with their first kid on the way. I'm happy for him, but that's just not who I am...

... that is, until I met her.

I met you in the dark, you lit me up
You made me feel as though I was enough
We danced the night away, we drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up

I first met her in a bar. Jessica was out of town, so Sammy and I decided to go to a bar and have some brotherly bonding time or some shit like that. There was beer and pool, so that's a good time for me. I could tell Sam wasn't into it because all he was doing was checking his phone to see if his wife had texted.

"Man, go talk to your wife," I told him.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Go," I nodded.

Sam wasted no time getting up and leaving the bar. And then there was one. It was getting kind of dead in the bar anyway, so I figured I could leave to my home and drink there. At least I wouldn't have to worry about passing out in some strange place. I paid my bill and was about to leave when she walked in.

I stood frozen in my spot as soon as she smiled. I knew that I wouldn't be able to resist going over to her, and I knew what I would say and do if she decided I was worth talking to. She looked like she deserved more which is why I hadn't headed over just yet.

She headed straight to the bar, and I knew I had to stay. I would beat myself up if I miss the chance to actually talk to her. Her hair looked so smooth that I could run my fingers through it, her eyes stood out from everyone else's, I knew I could stare into them forever if I could, and her smile made my brain short-circuit. It's amazing I had the strength to walk over there.

Her friends were goofing off by the time I arrived, and they did something I'll forever be grateful for. They "accidentally" pushed her into me, so she was forced to look up at me apologetically.

"I am so sorry. My friends just don't know when to quit," she giggled.

I think I died and went to Heaven.

"I'm Dean, what's your name?"

"Y/N," she winked and turned to the bartender. "I'll have what he's having."