Misunderstanding

Pairing: Jensen Ackles x Female!Reader

Warnings: none

Summary: You and Jensen decorate for Halloween every single year, but this year, he isn't feeling it. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Halloween is your all-time favorite holiday to celebrate because it's the one day of the year that you can be anyone else. You love decorating for the holiday, dressing up yours and your boyfriend's place with a bunch of decorations to make it scary. Jensen has a tough schedule this month, so it's becoming harder to decorate without him. This is something you wanted to do with him, so whenever he has free time, you're decorating the house.

You kind of feel bad for making Jensen work on his day off, but he hasn't complained so far. You trust him to tell you if he doesn't want to do something, or if he wants to do anything else. Jensen wants to tell you 6that he'd rather do literally anything else but decorate, but he can't break your heart like that.

He comes home after shooting all day or doing press conferences, and all he wants is to lay in bed with you and watch a movie. However, whenever he gets home, you're just so excited to decorate. He's bone tired, exhausted from the days he's had, and Halloween is proving to be a pain in the ass.

He doesn't know how to tell you that he doesn't want to decorate the house anymore.

Jensen asked Jared to come over to hang out while you were at your girlfriend's house and thank God, he brought beer with him. You don't allow alcohol in the house for reasons he'd rather not go into right now, but he likes that he can still keep his brewery open. There's a history of alcoholism in your family, and you feel better knowing that there isn't anything in your house to provoke your family whenever they come over.

So, it's nice when Jared brings beer that Jensen is craving.

"Dude, your house looks like a haunted house."

"That's Y/N's goal. Always wanting to spend her time fucking decorating."

"Are you okay?" Jared chuckles and pins one of the Halloween tinsels to the wall where it had fallen off.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jensen sighs.

"Right, okay."

"It's just Y/N has me decorating every single day, even when I get off work. Like, I'm tired, and all I want is to watch a movie with her or something."

"Why don't you tell her this?"

"Dude, you don't see the look on her face when she talks about Halloween. I fucking hate this holiday," he says bitterly. "I know she's going to want to decorate for Christmas, too."

He takes a couple of gulps of beer before looking to the front area of the house. All he sees is your hair as you turn and leave the house, having heard everything he said. Jensen immediately feels bad for what he said, but there is no point in going after you. You're already heading back to your friend's house to no doubt cry on her shoulder for what he said.

Jared turns and looks where Jensen is staring, frowning when he sees your car leave the driveway.

"Dude, was that..?"

"Yes, and she heard everything I said. Shit," Jensen muttered.

"You should call her and tell her to come back."

"She won't listen. The last time we fought, she went to her friend's house and came back hours later and then we talked it out. This is what she does, so she'll be back."

"That's a good thing."

"How is this a good thing? She heard everything I said."

"You're given a chance to redeem yourself. Finish decorating for her, make this place look fucking amazing, and when she gets home, apologize."

"I guess," Jensen sighs.

"You feel bad, don't you?"

"Of course."

"Then pick up that severed limb, and let's get started."

Jensen and Jared spent the next four hours decorating the house and putting the finishing touches on the decorations you had already put up. It was hard work, but by the time you pulled up to the driveway after crying into your best friend's shoulder for hours, Jared slipped out the back door so that you and Jensen could work this out together.

You sigh and get out of the car, sad that your boyfriend said all those things about you and your favorite holiday. Why didn't he talk to you before? Why did he bottle it up like that? Jensen always gets compared to his long-time character, Dean, but he's always been upfront with his feelings and emotions. You're not sure why he didn't say anything this time.

You take a deep breath and head inside the house where you know a fight is going to happen. However, as soon as you open the door, you're hit with every single Halloween decoration that you bought, all strung up and displayed how you envisioned it. This house was definitely not like this when you left, so Jensen and Jared must have done this together. It sucks you didn't get to help, but this is how Jensen is apologizing for what he said.

"Baby?" you ask and close the door.

"Hey, you're home."

Jensen walks into the open with a bouquet of bloody limbs. That brings a smile to your face and a giggle to escape your mouth.

"Yeah, I am."

"Look, I am so sorry for what I said. I was just tired from filming. All I wanted was to spend time with you in bed and watch a movie or something."

"Why didn't you say that to me before? I would have stopped."

"I know this now. I'm sorry," he sighs.

"Next time, just talk to me. I will understand, Jensen," you chuckle.

"Do you accept my apology?" he asks and holds out the bouquet for you.

"Only because it's severed limbs and not flowers," you joke and take them from him.

Jensen pulls you in close and kisses you slowly, glad that you've forgiven him.