A Concert Six Months From Now

Pairing: Dean Winchester x Female!Reader

Warnings: relationship sadness and pining

Summary: Dean once gave you the world, but that's all gone... or is it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I could see the futureI never would believe herFallin' in and out of love and fallin' in againWe were never any good at being friends

Nothing is ever certain in life, but you know you can always count on Dean Winchester to come when you call. He's always been the one to save the day, even when you two were younger. Hunting with him and Dean is always a good time since you never know what you're going to be getting, but that doesn't stop you from venturing out on your own every once in a while.

The only reason you do that is to feel some sort of independence, but the main reason is to get away from Dean. He's sweet and all, but there is a reason why you two are exes. He is so stubborn and never listens to anyone when they have different views on things, and that's why you left. He was becoming suffocating, and you didn't want to lose him as a friend...

Friend, that's all you two ever are.

But if you are, then why do you find yourself in his bed all the time? Naked and confused? Confused about why you're still doing what you two are doing. You ended things with him, not him. You're the one that said you should be taking a break from each other, but you can't seem to get enough of his lips, his touch, his arms, and most importantly, his cock. It's something that you can't seem to stay away from.

If Dean could see the future, then he would have never believed you when you said you were done with him. It's pretty obvious you still want him in your life like this, but you won't say the words to him. You're friends with the occasional benefit.

It's hard to move on from someone who once gave you the world.

I've been thinkin' too much and it's ruined my nightsBut it's hard when it isn't, to let yourself slideAnd my heart doesn't slow down when you kill the lightsI never learned to call it quits

You can't sleep. No matter how hard you try, there is something that's bugging you. Dean is sound asleep next to you, snoring away in his dreams. Sam is in the other room since you got two rooms this time. Sam is sick and tired of waking up to find you two either fucking or naked in bed together.

You look over at the man you love with all your heart and sigh quietly, turning around so that you're facing the window. It's a clear night–the moon and stars on display for anyone who will give them a chance to shine bright. You grab the loose sheet that you two had kicked away in your action to re-familiarize yourself with each other and wrap it around your naked body.

You carefully get up without waking Dean and walk over to the window and take a seat next to it. You really miss Dean, but he never could let you take control of the reins when it came to hunting. He always had to tell you what to do because he hunted longer than you did and learned from his dad. It never occurred to him that someone else might know something more than he did.

You miss the way he would take you on drives to nowhere with the windows rolled down. You miss the way he would sneak you away while on a case because he found a store that he thought you might like. You miss the way he'd come home after a long case and just held you in fear that you were going to be taken from him.

You miss Dean terribly, but it seems like you can't call it quits with him.

Dean wakes up and sees you sitting by the window. In his sleepy haze, he gets up but doesn't bother covering himself as there is no one else in the room. He walks over to you and leans down, pressing kisses to your bare shoulder. You jump since you weren't expecting this kind of affection.

"Come back to bed," he says sleepily.

Without another word, you let Dean take you back to bed.

I'll go hungry and crazy and honest for youI don't always get angry but I'm promisin' toIf it's all that you want then it's all that I can doDesire I never made any senseI'll wait for years, but I won't wait aloneAnd then someday you'll wait for my face on your phoneAnd I'll call and I'll say, "I think you should come home"'Cause I'm tired of being your exCan I take you out to a concert six months from now?

There was a time when you thought the worst thing that could happen to this world were monsters. Then COVID hit, and everything went to hell here. People started panicking, no one trusted anyone, stores were being shut down, and it was getting harder to do your job. Monsters didn't care that there were millions of people dying because of a disease, so you had to work overtime to catch them.

Now, with the vaccine and more and more people taking it, the government decided that events and other activities should start opening up again soon. Most importantly, one of your favorite bands is having a concert not far from where your home base is, and you haven't felt this much joy about going to a concert since the shutdown.

You have no one to share your good news with since you're the only one working this case. It's been hard hunting with the brothers and your feelings for the older Winchester growing. You needed a break from them, so you found a case you needed to work on your own.

What a terrible decision that was.

You're sitting all alone in your musty motel room with research piled up all around you. There is no one to talk to, no one to joke around with, and no one to tell you which direction you should be going in. Sam usually does the research, and he's always so quick to figure out what needs to be figured out.

Suddenly, your phone rings and you smile so widely when you see it's Dean on the other line. You immediately answer it without thinking about what he could need.

"Hey," you greet.

"I think you should come home."

Maybe it's the way he said it. Maybe it's the way he needs you with him. Or maybe it's the way he misses you, but it makes you realize that it didn't matter if you two were at a motel room, in the car, in the sewers, or trapped in Hell together. He's always been home to you, and it's time that you stop acting like children and deal with your feelings like an adult.

"Can I take you to a concert six months from now?"

It's then that you realize you're better off together than apart.