Save It For a Rainy Day

Characters: Castiel x Reader, Crowley, Sam Winchester, Dean Winchester, Meg

Warnings: fluff at the end, mostly angst, Crowley being a dick

Summary: Castiel is keeping something from you, but you don't know what it is until someone from his secret life gets a hold of you in exchange for something that Castiel has.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He seemed so sweet and welcoming that you had no problem with helping him in whatever he was doing. He never explained, and to this day, you didn't have any explanation on why he wanted a book on witches. After meeting him for the second time, you saw something in him that you have never seen before in a man. He was more confident, sexier, and sure about what he wanted in life. He carried himself that no one has before, and he was sort of strange.

Strange in a way that meant he didn't know how to act around humans as if he's never seen one. His explanation was always because he was nervous around you, and you always bought it when he looked at you with those bright blue eyes. There hasn't been a man in your life to make you feel the way you do when you're with him. There have been many trials and errors in your days, and you had just given up hope when you met him. There was something about him that screamed he was different, but you could never figure it out.

He was always gone for weeks at a time, and when he did come to you, he would have bruises and cuts. When you went to get the first aid kit, the cuts and bruises would be gone as if they were never there in the first place. Strange things always happen whenever he was around like one time, you caught him talking on the phone with someone which wouldn't have been weird if the conversation wasn't about killing demons. Still, you never pressed the issue further unless absolutely necessary.

He made you feel calm and safe despite the weird shit he seems to be getting himself into. You wanted to tell him how you feel, but you were afraid of not only rejection but allowing yourself to feel happiness after your last break up. Pining after some guy you barely know isn't healthy, but no matter how hard you tried, he wouldn't open up about himself that often. He rarely talked about himself as he seemed more interested in you rather than him.

He was never sure about anything when around you since you did make him so nervous, but he was sure about one thing: his feelings for you. When he met you, it was only for a book he was looking for, but the second time was completely different. He didn't need a book, he just wanted an excuse to talk to you. When he first laid eyes on you, he saw how pure and innocent your soul was. He's never seen anything like it before, and he knew he wanted to know you more.

The one thing he kept secret from you was the fact that he was an angel. He didn't want you getting caught in his world because he was afraid it would tamper with your soul and purity. He didn't want demons, angels, and other monsters up your ass because they knew he cared for you. He never told you about Sam and Dean, what he really did when he was away, and how his cuts and bruises always went away whenever you left the room. You were starting to get suspicious, he could tell, but he wanted to make things right and at least try and come up with an explanation about it all.

"I needed to see you," he said as he walked into your house. "I have something I want to talk to you about."

"Is everything okay?" you frowned, following him into the living room and taking a seat on the couch.

"Yes... no... well, depends. I know I always disappear without any explanations, and if you're going to be in my life for much longer, then you deserve to know why."

"Okay," you nodded, staring into his eyes. He took one look at the bright color in your eyes and froze. He was going to come over here and tell you about Sam and Dean, but he knew he couldn't when your eyes were filled with such innocence and concern.