The Importance of Family

Characters: Dean x Witch!Pregnant!Reader, Sam, Rowena, Billie, Amara, Chuck, Mentions of Castiel, Mentions of the BMoL

Warnings: Angst throughout but fluff at the end

Summary: You and Dean have always been dancing around the subject of love. You don't want to ruin what you have and you don't want him to get hurt because of you. When he takes on the Mark of Cain, you do everything you can to rid him of that pain. When you do, you take one much more than just the mark. You get Amara and that means getting rid of her is also your responsibility.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's okay, I won't hurt you." You said kindly to the squirrel you were looking at. He had injured his leg and you wanted nothing more than to heal him. You were a witch and with using the elements of the earth, you were able to create a healing cream that would fix this animal's leg right up. The squirrel chittered at you before slowly limping to your side. You smiled and scooped him up in your hands before placing him on your lap.

"Don't worry, you'll be as good as new in no time. This won't hurt at all." You smiled and reached into the sack you brought with you and grabbed some rosemary before scooping some mud from the ground. It recently rained the other day which saved you the time in wetting the dirt.

The squirrel stared at you as you whispered in Latin while mixing the two ingredients. Your eyes glowed a bright yellow and your veins lit up as the magic traveled through your body and to your hands. A ball of light surfaced and you mixed in the mud ball to the light.

There were multiple ways you could heal someone but with an animal this small, you didn't need a lot of things to make it work. As soon as you knew it was ready, the light went away as did the brightness in your eyes.

"Here we go. You'll be as good as new." You said to the squirrel. You rubbed some of the magic mud on his leg to heal him. Light flourished from the mud but disappeared when the animal's fur absorbed it. Instantaneously, the squirrel's leg was healed. You grinned as the squirrel stood up and chittered at you before running away.

"You're welcome!" You called after the animal.

"Who was thanking you?" You looked up to see your best friend, Dean. You smiled and grabbed your sack before getting up.

"I just healed a squirrel from an injured leg. He was happy." You smiled.

"I'll never get used to this, you know." He chuckled.

"You will. I'm just glad you decided to let me live instead of killing me." You chuckled.

"Yeah, I made a good decision." Dean joked.

"What are you doing out here?" You asked.

"Sam found a case and wanted me to get you. I knew you would be out here. Always helping the environment." He started to walk back to the Bunker with you.

"I'm a Light Witch. I always help the environment when I can." You smiled. You were the most powerful witch on Earth, far surpassing Rowena. You were everything she wasn't and even though she was very powerful, she represented the dark side and dabbled in dark magic. You never touched that kind of stuff. Your mother taught you better than that. She was also a Light Witch and was one of the best kinds of witches out there.

She always helped out people when they needed it but it was hard for her since both her and your dad were a part of the British Men of Letters. You grew up around Arthur Ketch and Mitch and everyone else. They taught you that monsters were bad, no matter what they did or what kind of morals they had. You knew they would kill your mom without a thought if they knew the kinds of things she could do.