Wrong Number, Right Time

Characters: Jared Padalecki x Reader, Justin (asshole)

Warnings: Angst in the beginning, fluff at the end, mentions of cheating and being hurt by it, not feeling good enough

Summary: One of the worst things have happened to you and just when you think you're venting to your best friend, someone else is on the other line, ready to help you through a difficult time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You never thought you would feel this kind of pain. The kind of pain that doesn't go away. The kind of pain that's on fire, burning your every nerve until it turns dull and just sits there in your heart, never fully healing. You want to scream and yell but nothing comes out. You want to cry a river but you can't. You want to breathe, to feel the oxygen in your lungs but you can't. Everything in your body just shuts down because you've been betrayed by the person you loved the most.

You were dating Justin for about 2 years when you found out he was cheating on you. You caught him and your sister in bed only to find out this has been going on for 6 months behind your back. You've been nothing but faithful to him and you expected that in return. You even thought about marrying him but now it was just useless because he decided you weren't worth his time anymore.

The worst kind of pain is knowing you were once someone's world, only to have them wake up and not see you in that kind of light anymore. You felt like second choice right now, no, you felt at the bottom of the totem pole because your own sister betrayed you with the man you loved. You wanted to beat the shit out of him for doing this to you and you wanted to beat the shit out of your sister for even thinking of doing this to you. But you couldn't do anything because the shock of the pain prevented you from doing it.

It took you a while to process what happened. You briefly remember packing your things while Bailey and Justin apologized to you. They weren't sorry about what happened. They were sorry they got caught. You got out of there very quickly but since you lived with Justin, you had nowhere else to go. You didn't want to live with your bitch of a sister, your parents were states away and the only person you thought of was your best friend.

She never liked Justin but only tolerated him because of how happy you were. You just hoped she wouldn't rub this in your face because you really needed her right now. You took out your phone and fumbled with it while the tears started to form. Oh god, not now. This wasn't happening now. You knew you were going to have a break down in the middle of the neighborhood but you couldn't help it. The shock has worn off which now left the pain, the reminder that you were worthless.

You dialed Katherine's number by heart but since the screen was blurry from your tears, you hoped you got the number right. You put the phone to your ear and let out a sob that was begging to be let out the minute you found Bailey and Justin together. You heard Katherine pick up the phone but you didn't wait for her to speak. You just started talking, letting out everything you have been thinking.

"I know it's late, Kat but please come pick me up. I caught Justin with Bailey in my bed. They've been seeing each other behind my back for the last 6 months. I give Justin 2 years of my time and he goes and does this to me? I don't even know what to think right now because a lot of thoughts are running through my head but the main one is: why wasn't I good enough? I mean, I gave Justin everything. I was faithful to him but he never wanted me.

"I don't have anywhere else to go. I don't even know what to think but I can't be alone right now. I know you didn't like Justin but please, I just need you right now." You started sobbing through halfway of your speech and hoped she could understand the words you were saying.