Always Be My Baby

Pairing: Dean Winchester x Female!Reader

Word Count: 550

Warnings: fluff

Summary: You're not a hunter and don't want to be. That doesn't mean you don't know about the hunting life or like it when Dean has to leave you again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ain't gonna cry, noAnd I won't beg you to stayIf you're determined to leave boyI will not stand in your wayBut inevitably you'll be back again'Cause you know in your heart, babeOur love will never end, no

What time is it? Your eyes squint in the darkness to see the clock that's on the other side of the room. 4:13 in the morning... or is that 4:18? You're not really sure, but you do know it's too fucking early to be up. Your eyes are too tired for this shit. You reach over to feel the other side of the bed still warm, but no body. No, this can't be happening now. You just got him back.

"Dean?" you call out groggily.

When you don't receive an answer, you sigh heavily. You get up and grab the robe that's by your bed. You and Dean were up pretty late last night rekindling after not seeing each other for a month. You tie the robe rope around your waist and leave the room in search of your boyfriend.

You find him in the kitchen putting some supplies into his duffel bag. He is dressed like he has somewhere to be, and that thought terrifies you. His younger brother is sitting at the table, and as soon as he sees you, he clears his throat loud enough for Dean to turn around.

"Hey, what are you doing up?" Dean asks, zipping up his duffel bag.

"You just got back last night, Dean," you sigh. "Another hunt?"

"Take this out to the car, would you?" Dean asks his brother.

"Sure. It's nice to see you again, Y/N," Sam smiles politely.

He takes his brother's bag and leaves the house to give you two some privacy.

"You're leaving again?" you ask sadly.

"I wouldn't if this wasn't extremely important. I'm sorry."

"What's going on?

"Just some shit that I'd rather not involve you in."

"That's very cryptic. I can handle it, Dean. Is it demons? Angels? Some other monster I'm sure exists?"

"Leviathans. We got a lead on where their boss is, and I have to take him down. This isn't some regular hunt. This is the major leagues, and unfinished business. This guy is dangerous, Y/N, and it's best if you stay here. I'll be back as soon as I can, but keep the doors locked. I have a key. If I tell you I forgot it, don't let me in."

"You're scaring me, Dean."

"These creatures can shapeshift, and if they figure out about you... just keep the doors locked. I'll be back in no time."

"Please be safe. I'm not ready to lose you."

"You won't. I promise. I'll always find my way back to you."

He grabs the sides of your face and leans down to kiss you. He doesn't care if you haven't brushed your teeth just yet, and frankly, neither do you. You don't ever want to stand in the way of what he needs to do, but it would be nice if he stayed with you for more than a couple of weeks at a time. Though, you know no matter where he goes, he'll always come back to you.

And you'll always be waiting for him with open arms.