Take Back the Throne

Characters: Castiel x Sister!Reader, Sam Winchester, Dean Winchester

Warnings: none

Summary: your family needs you, but do they want you back to rule when you fled such a long time ago?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When your father told you that he wanted you to rule Heaven if/when he was gone, you thought it to be a great honor. You were the first angel to have ever existed, so he trusted you to run things smoothly in his absence. However, the more angels he made, the more there was a risk for rebellion. Despite being the oldest sibling, you didn't like dictating other people. Ruling just wasn't something that was in your blood. Instead, you passed the title to the next oldest sibling, Michael.

Your four younger brothers were always messing around, but the one person who you hated the most was Lucifer. When he was created, he was the perfect son. Your father favored him the most even though he's told you repeatedly how much he trusted you to run things on your own. Lucifer devoted everything he got to your father, so when he asked every angel to love humans more than him, Lucifer was pissed.

He rebelled, and for that, was sentenced to a prison in Hell. There were 66 seals guarding the cage, and if they were to ever be unlocked, then he would be set free. With Lucifer out of the pictures, things got back to normal in Heaven, and life resumed without him. Soon, people were wondering if Lucifer was just a bedtime story or if he was actually real. Things were better that way, and when you heard the seals were being broken, you got the Hell out of Heaven and decided to go solo.

Your family had enough drama to deal with, and with Lucifer back in the picture, Hell was going to be raised. So, you fled, and you stayed hidden from every angel in existence. It was peaceful for years, and you have never felt more happy with yourself until recently. If you didn't have to, you never used your grace in fear of an angel picking up on your scent and comforting you. So, you lived life without it which was fairly easy. You made good friends, earned a living, and felt what it was like to be human. However, some low-level demons jumped your ass at the first chance they got at capturing an archangel, and you had to use your grace to kill them.

That was five days ago, and you've been hiding in fear ever since.

As soon as you killed them, you got the hell out of that town and fled to the other side of the world. There was the possibility of traveling back in time which would make it harder for your siblings to catch you, but that required a crazy amount of energy that would give you away before you could even jump. There was also speculation of other planets, but again, that would give you away. The only thing you could do was hide underground until you felt it was safe enough to come out.

When you finally felt content that none of your siblings knew where you were, you came out of hiding and went to a bar to try and loosen up. Your wings were too tense from your stress, and you needed to stretch them out for a night. Entering the bar, you headed to the counter before taking a seat next to a man with light hair and bright green eyes. He took one look at you before deciding that you were worth pursuing. There was something else in his eyes, but you were too stressed to even worry about it.

"Could I have a Long Island Iced Tea? Make it strong, please. I'll pay extra," you said to the bartender once he got to you. Slapping a few big bills on the table, he nodded and got to work creating a really strong drink for you.

"Need to forget?" the man spoke up. Looking to your right, all you did was nod before grabbing the drink once it was done.

"More like need to loosen up, and it takes a lot to get me drunk," you chuckled as you got up to leave. The man quickly held out his hand for you to shake as if he didn't want you to leave just yet.