Airport Dates and Cupcake Fates

Characters: Jared Padalecki x Reader

Warnings: Just fluff

Summary: You work at the airport part-time and when you're on shift, you meet someone interesting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pastries were your passion. You loved baking and you often found comfort in it. You could control everything to what you used and how much of it you wanted. That's not what you did, though. You worked in the advertising business but on the side, you worked at Vancouver International Airport in your own pastry shop. This was a side business and you didn't get a lot of customers but the ones you did, always left with a smile on their faces.

This job was something you could do to earn extra money, though you didn't need it. You made pretty good money doing what you normally did but that's not what made you happy. Cooking was. Your mom taught you to cook and after she died, it all you did. This is how you felt closer to her and the fact that people loved your cooking meant a lot to you. You felt you were doing right by her. You felt you made her proud, wherever she is.

Business was always slow except around the holidays where people come and go for a cupcake or some cookies while they waited. Right now, it was the end of summer which meant people were back in school and business was slow again. You only did this side job on the weekends although some of your friends worked during the week here as long as you paid them. It all worked out in the end, you suppose.

It was Sunday, which meant you were at the airport. It was early in the morning which wasn't a busy time but as soon as the afternoon hit, is when it picked up. You sat behind the counter, a book in hand to read while you waited. You didn't actively seek out customers because this was only a side business and you've been at this airport for a few years and people knew to come to you.

Over the next handful of hours, regulars came and go, paying you a bit too much and even though you tried to hand the extra money back, they insisted. What you didn't tell anyone was that you were saving to buy a car and the extra money really helped you. Your car broke down and you didn't have money to fix it so you've been using the busses or Uber to get you everywhere. Uber was expensive but you could afford it with your salary. You guess you could get a car right now, based on how much you make but you had your eyes set on one car that you've been dreaming for a while and you just needed a few more thousand dollars to put the down payment on so you could make affordable payments on it.

As 4 o'clock rolled around, business was slowed down but you didn't mind. You were enthralled by your book. You barely noticed the people walking by as you read.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jared was super tired and he wanted to get back on set as quickly as possible so he could have a shower and go to sleep. He was visiting Jensen and his family over the weekend and took a flight back to Vancouver when he could. Jensen stayed behind and would be back Monday morning, ready to go.

He got off the plane when it finally landed and slung his backpack over his shoulders. He took a book to read on the flight and his laptop was in there as well. He got off the plane and walked through the terminals to get to baggage claim. He looked around to find something to eat when he saw you.

You were in your shop, reading by the counter but he couldn't take his eyes off you. He couldn't see your face that well since you were looking down but he knew you would be beautiful. He felt his legs carry him over to your shop and before he knew it, he was walking in the cute pastry shop. Sam Winchester may not like sweets but Jared did.