Sleep Disorder

Characters: Sam x Reader, Dean, Castiel

Warnings: this is fluff, mentions of insomnia

Summary: You've always had insomnia your entire life. You're always exhausted but you don't tell Sam or Dean this because then they'll worry and you don't need that. Until Sam figures it out and wants to help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You love hunting, always have and always will. You love saving people and killing monsters, getting rid of them from the Earth forever. When you were hunting, you were happy. However, when the hunts ended and you got back to the Bunker, that is when things turned bad. Nothing bad would happen where you were put in danger, you just couldn't sleep.

Growing up, you were always known to have insomnia. Medications didn't work and other home remedies didn't see to do the trick. You've been to a ton of doctors but no one seems to help you. That caused problems for you in the daytime since you would be so tired and eventually when you were sleep deprived enough, your body would shut down and you would get sleep that way. There were times you called upon Castiel and he would use his grace to put you right to sleep. Those were the only two times you were able to sleep.

Sam and Dean don't know that about you. It wasn't something you keep hidden from other people but you know the kind of people they are and if you couldn't sleep, Dean would try everything to get you to fall asleep and Sam would stay up with you and you didn't want that. So, you pretended to sleep when Sam went to bed and after you knew he was sleep, you got up and grabbed a book to read or your laptop and sat in the living room so you could do your thing without having to wake them.

You were constantly tired but you didn't know how to get rid of your insomnia or at least, help it. Sometimes it does affect your hunting but you learned not to let your disorder ruin your life. You tried not to let it show just how tired you've become and every single day, you thank whoever is listening that someone invented makeup because you can cover the dark circles underneath your eyes.

When Sam got up to go on his runs, you were always up and offered to go with him because all that adrenaline running through your veins woke you up and then a cold shower afterward sealed the deal. Even showers with Sam, despite how dirty you two could get, it really woke you up. Plus, when Dean got up, the coffee he made got the caffeine to pump through your veins.

Insomnia sucked and right now, you wished you were asleep. Instead of being in bed with your boyfriend of one year, you were sitting on the couch, watching YouTube videos since you wouldn't be able to focus on a book.

You yawned and sighed.

Your body was begging for sleep but your mind wouldn't let you. You think it had something to do with the millions of thoughts racing through your brain that prevented you to find sleep but you've been up all day and now all night. You were so tired and so invested in your YouTube videos that you didn't hear the heavy footsteps that belonged to your giant.

"What are you doing up?" You looked up to see Sam in the doorway, his hair a mess from tossing and turning all night.

"Why are you up?" You asked.

"I didn't feel you in bed. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just couldn't sleep I guess." You shrugged and Sam walked over to you, taking a seat next to you on the couch.

"How? You were up all day and you've been busy. You must be tired."

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure I'll fall asleep soon." You told a white lie. You knew you wouldn't be able to fall asleep.