So Much In Common (AU)

Characters: Student!Dean, Student!Reader, Sam, Jessica, John

Warnings: Dean being shy, you being bold, fluff, that's about it

Summary: You and Dean have been in the same college for 3 years. He's always watched you, observed you and never had the guts to go up and talk to you. He doesn't know why you're the only girl who makes him feel this way. Then one day, you're partnered up with him for a project.

Author's Note: This is in Dean's POV.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, do you have a pencil I could borrow?" I looked over at the source of the voice and my whole body froze. I stared into her beautiful Y/C/E eyes, memorized by the swirl of color. My breath was lost in my throat as I tried to remember how to breathe again. This girl, Y/N Y/L/N was going to be the death of me. She was radiating beauty and it was like I didn't know how to talk to her. I didn't want to say anything offensive, to make that smile leave her face.

I didn't know what was wrong with me, I could talk to girls easily. Some of them would do anything I asked but when it came to Y/N, I was at a loss for words. I didn't know what it was. I've been in her classes for over three years. We were both the same major, Engineering, and it was strange that we got the same classes every semester. It felt like fate or something, yet, I couldn't even go up and talk to her.

I've been studying her ever since she walked into our Introduction to Computer Science class and took a seat right next to me. Up to that point, I was very smooth with the ladies, knowing what to say that would make them blush, giggle and I always had them wrapped around my finger. Yet, with Y/N, none of those things worked. Once I finally thought I had her figured out, she would surprise me and do something completely different and I would have to rack up words to say to fit the mood she was in.

It was very frustrating but I craved it. She didn't even know it but she kept me on my toes. I needed a woman like that. All the other women, I knew what they would do, what they would say and I didn't like how predicable they were.

"Dean? Earth to Dean?" I snapped out of my thoughts, catching Y/N's gaze. A smile began to break out of her face and I never wanted it to go away.

"What?" I asked, cursing at myself for being so stupid. Y/N giggled and moved her hair out of her eyes. I never wanted to hear a woman giggle so badly before.

"I asked if you had a spare pencil I could borrow?"

"Right, yeah, sure," I cleared my throat and reached into my backpack, pulling out a pencil and handing it to her. She grabbed it, her finger grazing my own before she turned back in her seat.

"Thank you. I'll give it back to you after class." She whispered, not wanting to get in trouble.

"Keep it." I mumbled and she nodded, writing the notes that were on the board. I just kept staring at her, not paying attention to whatever the teacher was talking about. However, that spell didn't last long because the teacher was calling out my name.

"Mr. Winchester! Are we interrupting your day dreaming?" I turned to the teacher and shook my head.

"Not at all. Sorry," I said and she sighed before going back to teaching again. I made sure to look like I was paying attention before my gaze returned to Y/N. Her long hair was sliding down her shoulder, blocking my view of seeing her concentrated face. I resisted the urge to reach over and move it out of the way.

"Alright!" The teacher said loudly, making me snap my attention to her instead of the beautiful girl next to me. "Let's talk about our midterm project. I will assign you each a partner and your job is to come up with a creative project about a topic of your choice. Your topic must be related to what we've been talking about in class somehow but how you go about your project is up to you and your partner. On your way out of class, I would like you to pick up this packet explaining more about the project." The teacher took a stack of packets and placed them on a table by the door.