No Time Like The Present (Part Three)

Pairing: Avenger!Reader x Dean Winchester (platonic)

Word Count: ~4.1k

Warnings: angst, knight of hell!sam, villain!sam, murder for fun

Summary: You have to find a way to reverse the spell surrounding the Mark that Sam had taken. You have to rely on old and new friends to find him, and when you finally do, you have to make the biggest decision you've ever had to make.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For once in your life, you're speechless. You've encountered a lot throughout the multiverse, but you were never shocked into silence once. Maybe it's because this is technically your fault–you're the one who gave Sam and Dean the only means to put their God away. There was another way, you just didn't exhaust it in the way you should have. Because you have a multiverse to navigate, you've seen almost everything there is... nothing really scares you anymore.

Sam shouldn't scare you, but he does.

You're stunned into silence, frozen where you stand no longer than twenty feet from him. Dean stands behind his brother with a knife in his hand and a hard look on his face. This is all your fault... you shouldn't have asked Sam to take the Mark. You should have looked into the future to see what this would have done for him. This is all your fault.

"I'm so sorry, Sam," you gasp and cover your mouth with your hand.

"No, don't be sorry," he chuckles darkly. "You made me open my eyes to see I'm better like this. I've never felt more alive, ironically."

"Sam, you were never supposed to be this person."

"Well I am now, and there is nothing you can do to stop this. Not even your 'powers' can save me. If you try, I'll rip your spine from your body and feed it to the hellhounds."

Sam stalks to the metal door that leads outside. He can teleport now with his new abilities, but if he leaves, he's not coming back.

"Sammy!" Dean yells.

"Sammy is gone, Dean. It's best you come to terms with this. I mean it when I say don't try to change me back. I'll put you back in Hell myself, and it'll be worse than what you experienced before."

Right there and then, he disappears from sight. As soon as he is gone, the Bunker goes back to normal. Gone are the red lights and blaring alarm, replaced with normal white light and deafening silence. If looks could kill, you would certainly be dead by how Dean is glaring at you. Someone you've never seen before approaches Dean from the back, but the older Winchester has a hard time looking away from you.

"Who are you?" you break the silence and ask the stranger.

"Castiel. Who are you?"

"She's the woman who did this to Sam," Dean hisses.

"I told you what would happen. I gave you clear instructions when we went back in time to gather the ingredients."

"You went back in time?"

"Yes, I am Time. Well, not Chronos, but I am the Time Stone."

"Yeah, I tend to stay out of 'stone' business. It's messy and complicated."

"Yeah, you're telling me," you scoff.

"Can we get back on track here? I never wanted to give Sam the fucking Mark in the first place! I knew what it would do to him!" Dean yells slamming his hands on the table in front of him.

"What did you want me to do, Dean? I was summoned here because your universe was on the brink of dying. I looked into infinite futures and found the only way this was going to work was if we made that fucking prison for the both of them! The Mark needed to have a host in order to survive, and you couldn't do it because you've already had it. I didn't think you'd want to snatch some person off the streets and give it to them. Sam was the only viable option."