Bittersweet Memories

Pairing: Djinn!Castiel x Reader

Warnings: angst, djinn poison

Word Count: 347

A/N: pictures are not mine, but i made the aesthetic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the third time Castiel has almost gotten caught by hunters. If he is going to survive, then he needs to learn how to blend in better. He has a steady food source, so he has no reason to go out and kill someone for food. He even lives in a normal house so as to not tip anyone off.

He sets the grocery bags down on the table, setting his keys in the bowl on the corner of the counter. He doesn't have any refrigerated stuff, so he doesn't have to worry about putting the food away immediately. The house is silent, giving off the facade that everything is okay. He doesn't want to alert his neighbors that something might be wrong, especially if he wants to keep living there.

He takes off his trench coat when he hears it. A woman's moan of pain. It takes the woman a second to realize where she is, and that's when she begins to panic. Castiel jumps into action and rushes to the basement where his secret lies.

You moan in pain, rolling your head back and forth slightly. Your eyes are drooping tiredly, your arms are tired from behind hanged by them, your wrists are red from the rope, and your whole body is almost to the point of being dead. IVs are hooked to your arms, slowly draining you of your blood.

"Where am I?" you mutter.

Tattoos appear on Castiel's arms just as they and his eyes glow bright blue. He grabs the sides of your face, injecting his poison into you, causing you to enter a dream state. Once Castiel is certain you're not going to come back for a while, he relaxes.

You enter the dream state you've always wanted. You and Castiel—the version of him that was an angel... a protector... your savior. The love of your life who never failed to lift you up when you were feeling down. You'd stay here forever if it means you get to spend it with him instead of the monster he's become.