Living in the Moment

Pairing: Dean Winchester x Reader

Warnings: pregnancy, fluff

Word Count: 397

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've been nauseous all day long, and the only thing you've been craving is Dean's touch. You've been clinging to him all day despite him telling you to give him some space. The last time he told you that, you were about to cry. He hates seeing you cry, so he allowed you to be with him all day. You find comfort knowing he is right there next to you to take care of you.

You two went to the store together for a supply run, you were watching him work on his car after that, and you two have been stuck in the library ever since just reading. Well, he has. You've been sitting in his lap just listening to him breathe.

He has his left hand wrapped around your waist, his hand is lightly running up and down your leg, a book rests in his right hand as he reads, and you're just laying your head on his chest.

There has been something on your mind for the past week, but you're not sure how to tell Dean the news. There's a reason why you're so nauseous. There's a reason why you've been so clingy to Dean. There's a reason behind your behavior, but to Dean, you're just sick. He doesn't know the millions of thoughts that are filtering through your mind at this very moment.

He doesn't know why you've been sick and throwing up... but you do.

You took a pregnancy test after the first morning you threw up. You just had a feeling that you were pregnant, and three minutes later, the test confirmed it. You and Dean are going to have a child, but he has no clue. You want to tell him, you want to celebrate this big moment, but you're scared of how he will react. He talks of wanting the apple pie life, but whenever he gets a chance at it, he always screws it up.

What if he doesn't want the kid? What then? What would you do?

For now, at least, you're content with being in his arms and letting him comfort you. You snuggle to get closer to him, and he presses a kiss to your temple. He goes back to reading his book, and you go back to listening to his heartbeat as you try not to think about the one in your womb.