Surprise Visit

Characters: Jensen Ackles x Reader, Jared Padalecki, Stephanie (OFC)

Warnings: all fluff

Summary: You and your daughter surprise your husband at a convention.

Author's Note: This is unbeta'd and any and all mistakes are all on me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having an actor as a husband was hard enough as it is. But with an energetic five-year-old, it was even harder. Stephanie always missed her daddy and even though you put on some of his episodes of Supernatural, it wouldn't help much. You didn't let her watch the scary ones, just some of the funnier ones. Her favorite was Scoobynatural. You've watched that episode so many times, you basically knew every word to it.

You hated the nights she called for her daddy. You knew she missed him a lot. She was a kid, she didn't really understand that he had to work in another country for the job he loves. Even when Jensen was on hiatus, that was the time to do conventions and things like that. They were spread out so you could spend time with him but when he was gone, Steph was sad. That is why you decided to go visit him.

You knew he was doing a convention in California and decided to take a trip down there without him knowing. As much as you and Stephanie missed him, you knew he missed you two. With Jared and Clif's help, you were able to get a plane ticket in secret. Yours and Jensen's account was linked so if you made a purchase, he would know about it which is why Jared offered to pay. You would pay him back but after you surprised our husband.

The plane ride there was stressful since it was the first time Stephanie was on a plane but you managed. Clif met you at the airport and drove you down to the convention.

"Are we going to see Daddy?" Stephanie asked and you turned around in your seat to look at her.

"Yes, we are but Daddy doesn't know we're coming."

"Why not?"

"Because it's a surprise. Uncle Jared is going to meet us backstage and then we'll see Daddy after he's done working."

"Yay! Uncle Jared!" She grinned and you smiled before turning around in your seat.

"Energetic kid you have there," Clif said with a chuckle.

"You have no idea."

"We're almost there. He's going to love this, you know. He won't stop talking about his girls." Clif indulged you on some secrets.

"Well, I'm glad we're here. It was getting pretty stressful back home."

"I can only imagine," Clif said and the rest of the car ride was silent. When you arrived at the convention center, you held Stephanie in your arms so she wouldn't go running while Clif protected you from the paparazzi outside of the place, hoping to sneak a moment with your husband and his friends. You were pretty well known and hated that you brought Stephanie into this life but you tried your best to keep her out of it.

"Hi!!" She smiled and waved for the flashing lights. You chuckled as did the people around you before you walked inside. You walked to the room but stopped before you could go inside.

"Okay, baby, you have to be quiet. Daddy doesn't know we're here and it will ruin the surprise if you yell for him. Okay? Can you do that for me?"

"Yes, mommy." She said.

"Good girl." You kissed her head and Clif led you inside and immediately to the right. As you were walking, you caught the eye of some girls in the back row but before they could get excited, you put your fingers to your lips and they nodded, keeping your presence a secret.

Clif led you to the back room and you texted Jared that you were here. You set Stephanie on the couch and let her watch the panel from the TV on the wall. You watched as Jared looked at his phone with a smile.

"You know the rules, Jare, no sexting your wife at work." Jensen joked and the crowd laughed.

"You're just jealous I have my wife to talk to," Jared fought back. Jensen rolled his eyes but didn't say anything. He really missed his girls and would facetime you after the panel. "Excuse me a sec. It's urgent."

Jared got up and left the stage, leaving Jensen to take over for a little bit. When Jared got backstage, Stephanie got up and ran over to her uncle.

"Uncle Jared!" She squealed as he picked her up.

"Good to see you munchkin." Jared smiled. You walked over to him and gave him a hug despite your daughter being in his arms.

"He has no idea we're here?" You asked and Jared set Stephanie down.

"Not a clue. He really misses you guys, you know?"

"You hear that, baby? Daddy misses us." You turned to your daughter but frowned when you didn't see her. "Stephanie?" You walked around the room with Jared until you turned to the entrance to the stage. You saw her running to her dad.

"Daddy!!" She yelled and you sighed, knowing the jig was up. Oh well, you knew it wouldn't last. Jensen turned his head and a smile broke out when he saw his daughter run to him. He set his mic down and scooped her up, peppering kisses all over her face. She laughed and the crowd went wild, seeing her here.

"How did you get all the way over here? Did you walk here?" Jensen joked and his daughter giggled.

"No, silly! Mommy and I flew here! In a plane!" She smiled and Jensen sat on his chair, picking his microphone up again.

"So, mommy's here too?"

"Yeah!" You chuckled and walked on stage, earning cheer from the audience. Jensen saw you and he smiled widely. You walked over to him and gave him a kiss.

"Why are you here?" He asked, ignoring the crowd.

"We missed you and this one couldn't stay backstage." You said and Stephanie giggled.

"I missed you too." Jensen smiled. The audience was hanging onto every word.

"Okay, I'll let you two hang out here. Jared and I will be backstage. You got a few minutes." You smiled and waved to the audience before leaving.

"Say hi," Jensen said to his daughter. She grabbed the microphone from his hand and smiled.

"Hi!!" She waved and the crowd waved back. "I can answer some questions just like my Daddy."

"Would y'all want that?" Jensen said and they cheered. He nodded and a bunch of hands raised. He let his daughter choose.

"I want the one in the unicorn hat!" She said with a smile.

"What's it like having Jensen as your dad?" The girl asked with a smile.

"Daddy is a great dad. He tucks me in at night and sings me songs when I don't feel good. I like his food. He's a good cook. Oh! And sometimes he and mommy have a special night and I have to stay at Uncle Jared's house. I get sad but it's okay." Jensen and the audience laughed and Stephanie picked another girl.

"What's your favorite episode of Supernatural?" The girl asked.

"Scoobynatural! I love Scooby Doo." Stephanie giggled.

"Alright, why don't you go hang out with mommy backstage and Uncle Jared and I will finish this panel?" Jensen took the microphone from his daughter and she smiled.

"Okay. "She got off his lap and ran backstage, making Jensen chuckle. Jared walked on stage and you picked up your daughter before sitting on the couch. You were glad to have taken this trip. You needed it and you could tell by Jensen's smile that he needed it too.