Tickets part 2

"Daddy! Daddy!" Crystal started crying until I picked her up. She was two years old now and kept begging to be carried around like she was on a litter. She made grabby hands at the doll I'd made for her since we couldn't afford a better one. Her hair was a narrow waved bob of mahogany and she had three freckles. One each side of her nose and then one on the top of her nose made her look too precious to handle. My mother in law had made her a dress which she wore every day. Her pacifier was the same colour as my eyes since she always played with my glasses.

"Dad dad look!" I turned around to see my little Robot holding up a poster. 

Dear All

I, Patton Wonka, have decided to reopen my factory, for one day. Six lucky children will be allowed to enter with one adult to supervise them. Six golden tickets are hidden in six random wrappers of my bars. Good luck kiddos!

I looked up when my father started rambling about our chances and Charlie's and Crystal's until I stopped him. Well my father in law did.

"The kids who find the tickets will be kids who can afford chocolate every day" 

"You've got a chance Robot, just don't get your hopes too high, that was bad wording, what I mean..." I sighed as Crystal tugged my hair gently 

"I know dad. I won't" He calmed me so I smiled and changed the conversation

"Cabbage again" Then my father in law brought it back 

"Kid who finds the first ticket will be fat fat fat!" Given the calculations.... I wasn't denying it. I set up the makeshift antenna on the roof and thought about how much Olly had loved feeding me chocolate and such until I told him I was pregnant. After I refused to give up my job we fought and... I'd ended up rubbing chocolate off of my Robot's face, out of my hair and smelling it burning on his cot.

"I can't wait until you greet me every day, with my kid... and my reward for you quitting"

"What?"

"You are quitting" A demand not a question.

"N-no" I didn't know why I was frightened back then. 

"No?" He moved off of me so quickly it physically hurt.

"Ah! Olly where are you going? Olly! WHAT ABOUT CHARLIE YOU SELFISH...!" Then he walked back in.

I pulled out of the flashback when my father called up through the hole in the roof. 

"All right dear?"

"I'm sorry a flashback just... took over for a moment" I leaned against my hand and cried when they weren't looking.