Chapter 125: Fate

Looking at this bag of spirit stones, Huan Zhong was slightly dazed. He almost forgot this matter.

There were only a few hundred spirit stones, not many, and dispensable to Huan Zhong. In these years, he had created one story after another but no one liked them. At the start, Lin Hu had lied to him and said the books sold well. But he was not a child, and knew whether Lin Hu was lying or not. Seeing Lin Hu and Master very happy about him writing, he pretended not to know. He used the story of the protagonists and created some fantastical stories, putting in some of his own cultivation understandings.

People did not like the books, then they had no fate with them. He did not care.

So this time, he still thought Lin Hu was lying to him.

“Take it and use it.” Huan Zhong did not accept the bag and prepared to go into the hall with his stack of books.

“Master, the book you wrote recently, “Promise of Lifetime”, sold well. Many people say this is a masterwork. Many people say if there really was a woman like Fei Feng1 in this world, many men would fall in love with her.” Lin Hu hurriedly followed. “The owners of the bookshops want to make an agreement about the next book…”

“Even if there is a woman like Fei Feng in the world, she has nothing to do with other men.” He reached out to steal the bag of spirit stones from Lin Hu. “I will only write one book like this, and never again in the future.”

“But Miss Kong Hou likes to read. If you do not write, she will be unhappy.” Lin Hu rubbed his nose. “If you only write privately for her, are you prepared for Miss Kong Hou to know that Talented Author who has created unsellable books for many years is you?
Huan Zhong: “…”

“Or is it, didn’t you say I could spend the spirit stones myself?” Lin Hu reached to grab the bag of spirit stones but Huan Zhong dodged.

“I have decided not to give them to you.” Huan Zhong glanced at him and turned to enter the hall.

A sword attendant saw Spirit Master Zhong Xi return, bowed and prepared to take the books from him.

“No need.” Huan Zhong’s tone was indifferent. “I am going to bathe. If Splendid Cloud Sect’s Celestial Kong Hou comes to find me, let her enter; do not let her wait outside.”

“Yes.” The sword attendant had heard from other people about the matter between the spirit master and Celestial Kong Hou. He had only half-believed it. Now after hearing Spirit Master, he understood completely.

##

The representatives from the major sects arrived at Radiance Sect one after another. Even the monks of Quiet Peace Temple who usually did not travel appeared outside the gates of Pei City. The leader of Quiet Peace Temple was the good-tempered Grandmaster Yuan Chen. He smiled at everyone like the smiling buddha from the temples, able to accept everything in the world.

When passersby saw them, no one dared to offend. Some who believed in Buddha stood in the distance with their hands together as they prayed.

The calmness and composure of Pei City’s people and the enthusiasm of Harmonious City were two different worlds. These two cities each had their good and bad. The only commonality was that they were well protected by the sect in charge of the city.

“Grand Master Yuan Chen.” A woman came over dressed in a girdled red dress, embroidered with galaxies and stars rather than birds and flowers. A woman who dressed in such a color should be as passionate as fire, but her expression was very cold. She appeared used to being stern.

“Sect Master Hong Yan.” Yuan Chen’s eyes held some pity towards the world. Even the sect master of Moon Star Sect had appeared. He feared the evil cultivators’ movements were great this time. Moon Star Sect was the sect most skilled in divination in the cultivation world. If they hadn’t divined something important, why would Sect Master Hong Yan come in person?