Chapter 65: Invitation

After Huan Zhong refused to travel with the disciples of Clear Dawn Sect, Kong Hou subtly refused Clear Dawn Sect’s invitation. Chang De’s gaze moved around her and Huan Zhong, and he did not say anything.

They were not familiar with each other, and it was awkward to try to find a topic to chat about. Also, the dishes were so delicious that everyone’s attention was mostly on the cuisine. Even Huan Zhong who did not have a great appetite couldn’t help but eat more after seeing Kong Hou’s good appetite.

“This tofu and fish soup is so good. After drinking it, I seem to feel the freedom of the fishes swimming in the water. It lifts up people’s mood.” Kong Hou drained her bowl of fish soup and praised, “Your honored sect’s disciples have great skill.”

For cook cultivators, the best praise was to eat all their food. Bai An had encountered many people who praised him. The higher the status of the person, the more pleasing the words they would use to praise the skill of him or his apprentices. However, all these people only took a few bites, and then left the majority of the food in their bowl. Until the table was cleaned off, they would not touch the food again.

So Bai An never thought that the praise was sincere. No matter how grandiose the words they used to describe his cooking, he would not be moved. Yet at this moment, looking at the empty bowl in front of the young girl and her lingering gaze on Spirit Master Huan Zhong’s bowl, Bai An truly felt the sincerity.

“It is this old one’s honor that Celestial likes it.” Bai An stood and smiled at Kong Hou. “Celestial, please wait a moment.”

Kong Hou saw Bai An preparing to leave and said, “Spirit Master, where are you going?”

Spirit Master Bai An smiled kindly at Kong Hou. “To get something. I will be back soon.”

Kong Hou nodded dazedly. She felt something was wrong. Had she eaten so much that Spirit Master Bai An was sneaking to the kitchen to have the disciples make more?

Chang De put down his chopsticks and wiped away the unseen oil at the corner of his mouth. The guests were still eating but the host had left first. Five Flavors Manor was really casual in how they treated guests. Fortunately, he was a casual person and did not mind such minor things. He turned and looked at Radiance Sect’s Huan Zhong and Splendid Cloud Sect’s Kong Hou. He saw the two had put down their chopsticks as well but were still whispering to each other.

The two did not try to avoid Chang De, so he heard their conversation clearly.

“The shixiong and shijie of Food Hall have been defeated.”

“Harmonious City’s food is one of the best in Lingyou World; do not be so humble.”

“Last time, we left too quickly. If we had known each other back then, I would have taken you to taste some of the local specialities.”

“We can do the same in the future. I have not drunk this bowl of fish soup. Here, for you.”

“How can I…”

“I do not like fish soup. It is not good to leave too much food behind in front of a cook cultivator.” Huan Zhong pushed the bowl in front of Kong Hou. Then he pulled gently on Kong Hou’s sleeve under the table, his expression extremely serious. “Please?”

“All right.” Kong Hou looked down at her swaying sleeve and had no immunity against Huan Zhong’s “playing cute” behaviour. She raised the bowl and drained it. Such a good-looking man pulled on her sleeve for her help. Even if he wanted her to capture an evil cultivator, she feared she could not refuse, much less drinking a bowl of fish soup.

Lin Hu looked expressionlessly at Huan Zhong. How come he did not know Master did not like drinking fish soup? Back in Yan City, had he not drunk it? Being picky with food was something that could be acquired?