Chapter 143: Wait For You To Return

“Shishu, Spirit Master Zhong Xi, this junior bids farewell.” Cold spread from his feet to his head. Gui Ling bowed and turned to leave.

Huan Zhong held Kong Hou’s hand as they walked down the mountain. On the sides of the path, flowers and grasses grew and the dew on the leaves reflected light. He looked down at the box in Kong Hou’s hand, the corners of his lips rising. “Your Splendid Cloud Sect juniors are very good—so young but already knowing to buy gifts for their elders.”

“This child’s personality is too stuffy. He has to play more with his fellow disciples.” Kong Hou opened the wood box and held the hairpin by her hair. “Is it good-looking?”

“The hairpin is good.” Huan Zhong looked closely. “But slightly antiquated and makes you seem a few years older.”

“Really?” Kong Hou put the phoenix hairpin back into the box. This was Sky Sect’s new product. It had fine patterns and was very popular with female cultivators.

“Common things are not worthy of you.” Huan Zhong took out a pearl hairpin from his storage ring. “Your man is skilled at forging. You do not need to use such ordinary things.”

Hearing “your man,” Kong Hou’s face flushed pink. Huan Zhong was growing more shameless after being with her.

Huan Zhong looked at the pearl hairpin in her hair and smiled warmly.
“I told Master about us.” Kong Hou put the wood box into the storage ring. While Huan Zhong said the phoenix hairpin was not good-looking, this was from her junior and she had to treasure that.

Huan Zhong stilled slightly. His voice grew hoarse. “Did you not say we have to temporarily keep it a secret?”

“I changed my mind.” Kong Hou laughed. She swung Huan Zhong’s arm. “You are so good, I do not bear to slight you.” Her smile became teasing. “I cannot have the great Spirit Master Zhong Xi follow me without a status.”

Huan Zhong stilled. He bent down and buried his face in Kong Hou’s shoulder. “You gave me status. You have to be responsible for me for the rest of your life.”

Kong Hou patted his waist. “Yes, yes, I will be responsible.”

Heng Yan, who was coming with his disciple to find Wang Tong, looked at Wu Chuan. “Spirit Master Zhong Xi and Kong Hou… are usually like this?”

Wu Chuan looked down. “Master, this disciple is a gentleman. Why would I stare at lovers?”

Heng Yan sighed. He hadn’t expected the aloof Spirit Master Zhong Xi to be privately like this. People could not be judged by their appearances. Even the strongest sword cultivator had their… gentle side?

##

The people of Splendid Cloud Sect quickly found that Kong Hou and Spirit Master Zhong Xi would always appear together. When Kong Hou went to the food hall to get delicious food, she would take two portions. These people who were always gossiping all knew that these two must have become a couple.

That was Spirit Master Zhong Xi! The man rumored to have a heart of stone was conquered by a female cultivator of their sect.

After a few days, everyone found that Spirit Master Zhong Xi was much easier to interact with than imagined. He would just be stern when helping Kong Hou Shishu teach them, but if a disciple had a question regarding cultivation, he would answer them.

The only problem was if they wanted to find Spirit Master Zhong Xi, they first had to find Spirit Master Kong Hou. These two were inseparable and almost never apart.

On Moon Perching Peak, Wang Tong glanced at Heng Yan who was sitting opposite him. He poured a cup of tea. “Sect Master Shixiong, you have a matter?”