Chapter 18: Deep Gratefulness

It did not take long to go from Harmonious City to Splendid Cloud Sect. Along the way, Zhou Cang wanted to ask about his younger brother from Splendid Cloud Sect’s two apprentices. But the two apprentices seemed to pretend to be dumb or really did not understand his hints. From beginning to end, they did not mention a thing.

When they came to Splendid Cloud Sect’s main hall, the group got off their flying talismans. Zhou Cang could not help himself and asked the question in his heart. “Young Friends, may this one know if this one’s unaccomplished younger brother has felt any regret?”

Kong Hou who was leading the way at the front turned and smiled brightly at Zhou Cang. Her black eyes caused Zhou Cang to unconsciously trust and like her more.

“Sect Master Zhou, do not worry. This Mind Manifestation forebear made a great mistake, but Sect Master and the shibo are all just people. They only put him into a quiet room and did not do anything else.” When Kong Hou smiled, the lingering child chubbiness on her face caused her to look extremely innocent.

“Sect Master Heng Yan is noble and honest; this one did not mean that. This one is only worried for the unaccomplished younger brother and has disturbed your sect,” Zhou Cang sighed in relief. As long as they had not privately enacted punishment. When they returned this time, he would lock his brother in the yard and not let him go anywhere.

Kong Hou saw Zhou Cang act like this. She did not say anything but her good impression of Zhou Cang fell slightly. In these years, she had received many spirit stone vouchers from Sky Sect, so she had a good impression of the sect. She hadn’t expected the new sect master to be like this…

She did not care if this Sect Master Zhou was good or not, but he indulged his relative and did not restrict him. He was an accomplice to the culprit. That Zhou Xing, the Mind Manifestation cultivator, dared to be so arrogant only because of his older brother.

Stepping into the main hall of Splendid Cloud Sect, Kong Hou stood at the side and listened to Master and Peak Master Song He exchange greetings. The two of them may have been old acquaintances as their conversation was pleasant, but no one mentioned the Mind Manifestation forebear Zhou Xing who had broken the rules of Harmonious City.

As the two chatted and chatted, they moved onto the matter of teaching apprentices.

“My three apprentices are nothing compared to the disciples of Radiance Sect.” Wang Tong shook his head and criticized his own apprentices. “The eldest only reached Core Formation two years ago, the second recently went into seclusion, and I don’t know how long until he will succeed.”

“Brother Wang Tong is too humble. Cheng Yi and Tan Feng are extremely young to have such cultivation. Even in the cultivation world, they are among the top.” Song He’s mood was like the tea leaves in a teacup, uncomfortable after being pulled up and dragged down by the water.

In the cultivation world, who didn’t know Wang Tong had two good apprentices? A few years ago, he had even accepted a pentad spirit base apprentice. Now Wang Tong was coming in front of him and saying that his apprentices were not accomplished. Didn’t Wang Tong just want him to praise them? They were all old men centuries old—who did not understand each other?

Song He was angry inside but had to maintain his smile. He praised Wang Tong’s apprentices from head to toe.

“No, no, they are still young, they are not worthy of your praise,” Wang Tong said humbly, but his smugness was written on his face.

Sitting at the side, Zhou Cang wanted to participate in the conversation, but didn’t know where to start. Hearing Song He praise Wang Tong’s students, he hurriedly praised as well. “Peak Master Wang Tong has taught your disciples well; this one admires you greatly. Your last apprentice is young but has Base Building cultivation and good conduct. This one admires you. This one has not taught his younger brother well, and has made trouble for your sect.”