Chapter 74: Manor

The role of father, to Kong Hou, was a part of her life she lacked. When she had been a puppet princess in Emperor Jinghong’s palace, she once thought what it would be like to have a perfect father.

Tall, good-looking, reliable, invincible. As long as he was present, she did not have to fear anything, and no one could bully her. Later, she had the shixiong, she had Master, and a group of reliable and unreliable fellow disciples. She never fantasized about how her perfect father would be like after that.

As Huan Zhong held her hand and cut down the yao with his sword, she suddenly felt that Huan Zhong was like the perfect father in her mind. More importantly, he was much better-looking than her imaginary father.

Another bottle of spirit liquid was shoved into Kong Hou’s hand. Huan Zhong said with a stern expression, “Drink another one.”

“I have not finished this bottle.” Kong Hou and Huan Zhong sat shoulder-to-shoulder on the rock. Her legs swung in the air. She did not look as though she was exploring a secret realm, but as though she was on a tour with Huan Zhong.

Although you have not finished drinking, Master wants to block up your mouth. Learning against the tree roots, Lin Hu turned to look at the two sitting together and then turned toward another direction.

An old man like him who had lived longer could not understand the world of young people.

“Right.” Kong Hou took out the spirit grass she had uprooted. The spirit grass had stayed in her storage ring for several hours and seemed slightly limp, the leaves clumping together. Kong Hou poked the leaves with a finger. “What are these spirit grasses?”

Huan Zhong stared at the spirit grasses for a while. Under Kong Hou’s hopeful gaze, he slowly shook his head. “I do not recognize them.”

“Even you do not recognize them.” Kong Hou took out a little pot that she had put in at some unknown time. She dug a few handfuls of dirt off the ground, and casually put the grass in. “Since I already dug it out, it is not good to throw it away. When we leave the secret realm, I will keep it on the carriage.”

“All right.” Huan Zhong stared at the spirit grass for a while. Normal leaves, normal stem, it looked… looked like a normal weed. However, seeing Kong Hou drip two droplets of spirit liquid into the flower pot, he did not speak.

Ling Bo sat on the tree branch and looked at Huan Zhong and Kong Hou’s closeness. She sighed, holding her face in her hands. In the cultivation world, she was a popular and honored female cultivator. In order to enter the secret realm, she did not take along her servant girls and paid no particular attention to ostentation. But when she came into the secret realm, she encountered a burden and had to watch another female cultivator being flattered by everyone else.

People would have what they want most of the time; her misfortune was encountering Kong Hou.

“Celestial Ling Bo.”

Ling Bo turned and saw Kong Hou holding a spirit fruit and beckoning towards her. “Come eat a spirit fruit.”

She flew down the tree and walked to Kong Hou. The spirit fruit was innocent; she would still eat it.

After eating the spirit fruit, Kong Hou used the Water Frost Sword to poke a hole in the ground and then buried all the spirit fruit cores in the hole.

“What are you doing?” Seeing Kong Hou use such a high quality divine sword to dig a hole in the ground, Ling Bo turned to look at Huan Zhong. She wanted to see how he, a sword cultivator, would be able to endure seeing his partner ruin a divine sword so?

However, Huan Zhong was able to endure it. He even took out a gourd of water and washed Kong Hou’s hands after she finished playing in the dirt.

An apprentice of the Radiance Sect acted so—where were the principles of a sword cultivator? Ling Bo endured and endured, not daring to voice her criticisms because she could not defeat Huan Zhong.