Chapter 46: Dream Ordeal

When Lin Hu stood at the door, Huan Zhong already knew he was present. Seeing Kong Hou in a dispirited mood, he turned towards Lin Hu. “What is it?” With Lin Hu’s personality, if he did not have anything to report, he would not appear here.

“Elder Lin?” Kong Hou’s attention shifted when Lin Hu appeared. She looked at Lin Hu with curiosity.

Seeing them finally notice him, Lin Hu stepped over the threshold. “Master, Willow Speech Sect has canceled Bian Hong’s status as the sect’s eldest disciple.”

“Cancelled?” Huan Zhong took out a handkerchief and handed it to Kong Hou. The soft white handkerchief appeared like a cloud. Kong Hou held the handkerchief and did not know what Huan Zhong meant.

“Here.” Huan Zhong laughed and motioned to his neck. “Sweat there.”

“Oh.” Kong Hou gripped the handkerchief and wiped towards her neck. When the soft handkerchief came in contact with her skin, she felt great comfort, like that of a mother’s gentleness. Her movements unconsciously slowed.

Huan Zhong turned to look at Lin Hu. “Have you found the identity of the green-robed female cultivator?”

“Not yet. However, our disciples found a female corpse where the green-robed female cultivator used to live.” Lin Hu looked at Kong Hou who was wiping her sweat while looking into a mirror. “Also, a few days ago, when Miss Kong Hou and I were in the inn’s hall, we met an old male cultivator with strange conduct and speech. When he left, I left tracking incense on him. Yesterday night, I discovered that he is in contact with a suspicious cultivator. I suspect that he is deliberately sowing discord between major and minor sects.”

A female cultivator bewitching others, a passerby cultivator with strange eyes. These were just the ones they had encountered. How many similar conspiracies were targeted against them in places they could not see?

The evil cultivators were most skilled at tempting others. But as the cultivation world’s sects became more strictly managed, matters such as disciples fighting to the death for cultivation resources had almost disappeared. After life had been peaceful for so long, people with other intentions would appear and attempt to overturn the present order, and try to reach the highest position when the world was in chaos.

If Miss Kong Hou had not gone to watch the spectacle yesterday, had not stopped the fight between Willow Speech Sect and Green Jade Sect, had not argued against the old cultivator, how would the matter have developed?

Would Willow Speech Sect and Green Jade Sect’s enmity increase and burn their ties? Would they pull in the sects on good terms with them, and create turmoil in the cultivation world? Normal cultivators would feel more and more fear towards the ten major sects. They would then have the thought that they would only be able to rise if they overthrew the ten major sects.

At that time, the sects would be fighting among themselves, and the evil cultivators would take over the cultivation world.

This was the first time Lin Hu had the thought that wanting to watch a spectacle was useful. He gazed at the young girl still looking in the mirror and gave a great exhale. No matter what, they could prepare in advance now that they had discovered this. There was still time.

“Tomorrow is the day we go to Spirit Master Nameless to get the pills?” Kong Hou put down the small mirror. “Should we prepare some gifts for Spirit Master Nameless? This way, we build ties, and in the future, we will be able to ask him for more help.”

Huan Zhong was not in good health right now. Interacting with pill masters was not detrimental to him.

“Thank you, Miss Kong Hou, for the reminder. I will prepare immediately.” Lin Hu who usually did not have any emotional changes looked at Kong Hou with warmth in his eyes. He nodded towards Kong Hou and left the forging room.