Chapter 149: Despair?

The jade bottle was ordinary at first glance but in reality it was made from a kind of jade that could lock in spirit energy. The contents would not rot even after a thousand years.

Kong Hou’s calm expression turned to ecstasy when she confirmed the bottle contained dragon blood. Kong Hou was a person who liked to smile. When she encountered interesting food, beautiful plants, and familiar people, she would smile. But she would rarely smile so stupidly and without restraint. Even if her grin was not good-looking, she could not calm down.

“Huan Zhong, we found it, found it, found it!” Kong Hou turned to hug Huan Zhong and jumped a few times. “This is great!”

Huan Zhong reached out to gently pat Kong Hou’s back and also gave a smile.

Lin Hu stood at the side and watched the lovers embrace each other. He pulled over Uncle Salted Fish who was watching from the ground so he sat with his back to Huan Zhong and Kong Hou.

Twisting his mouth, Uncle Salted Fish sat there and ignored Lin Hu.

Kong Hou carefully put away the dragon blood. Then she took out several pieces of fine jade from Huan Zhong’s storage ring, and created a new stone table for the residence with a few swings of her Water Frost sword. Then she used a storage bag for long term preservation to hold many delicious fruits on the table.

“I heard that dragons like beautiful things…” Kong Hou found a box of valuable precious stones in her own storage ring to put on the ground. Then she stood up and dusted the dust from her dress. “Huan Zhong, let’s go. ”

The four walked out of the cave residence and discovered that the tide had risen. The small island was already half underwater. Kong Hou looked at the surrounding seawater, and turned to say to Uncle Salted Fish, “Uncle, thank you so much for your help this time in finding the valuable dragon blood…”

“Do not thank me. Even though I did not help at all, my fall led to the discovery of this bottle of dragon blood. If you want to thank me, give me a small courtyard and shop in Harmonious City. I have travelled all over the cultivation world and found that Harmonious City’s atmosphere is most suited for me.”

Kong Hou smiled upon hearing this. “Since Uncle plans to settle down in Harmonious City, how about coming to Harmonious City with us? If you do not mind, please come to drink at Huan Zhong and my path union ceremony.”

“Path union ceremony?” Uncle Salted Fish’s gaze swept Kong Hou and Huan Zhong. He said neutrally, “Congratulations. I will not come to the path union ceremony.”

Kong Hou did not demand more. She took out a jade ship from her storage ring. The quartet stepped onto the jade ship that quickly flew away and left the rising sea waters.

Kong Hou looked back and found many lazy fish playing in the blue waters. The sun shone on the surface and reflected golden light.

“The sea is beautiful.” Maybe because Kong Hou was in a good mood, everything looked beautiful. Even Uncle Salted Fish’s messy stubble had a wild kind of beauty.

“You are right.” Uncle Salted Fish nodded and said, “The vastness and mystery of the sea is something you… young cultivators cannot understand.”

Kong Hou nodded with a smile.

The four travelled back without encountering sea monsters or the mists. There weren’t any wild winds or storms. It was inconceivably peaceful. Kong Hou and the others spent three days and nights to ride the jade ship back to land.

Coming off the jade ship, Kong Hou found that this old town had already changed. The damaged and falling walls had been rebuilt. The people at the gates who saw them still looked on with fear, but also gratitude and hesitation.