Chapter 67: Paying A Visit

“That is the sect master of Primary Luck Sect, Spirit Master Shuang Qing.” Huan Zhong noticed that Kong Hou seemed very curious about Shuang Qing and told her his identity. “This person is skilled at management but has average cultivation. Not long after he became the sect master, he found an enormous spirit vein. Primary Luck Sect used this opportunity to develop their wealth. In a short century, they earned a lot of spirit stones in the cultivation world.”

“With average cultivation but skilled at making money?” Kong Hou put the curtain down, leaving only a crack behind. Through the small crack, she saw Shuang Qing was coming closer and closer to the carriage. The horse behind him kicked back in discomfort as he neared the flying horses.

Detecting the restless emotions of the horse, Shuang Qing turned and looked at the carriage he had not paid any attention to before. He met Lin Hu’s gaze. Lin Hu nodded at him. Shuang Qing nodded back formally, tightened his grip on his reins and did not move aside.

Lin Hu did not want to become entangled with him for such a minor matter. He drove the flying horses to move a few steps to the side. After Shuang Qing left, Lin Hu drove the carriage towards the inn.

They came to the inn and met Chang De. Chang De had already reserved two small courtyards in the inn. Originally, he had planned for the male cultivators to live in one courtyard and the female cultivators in another.

However, Huan Zhong, this sword cultivator, did not seem to like living with other cultivators. He spent money to reserve another courtyard, and went in with Celestial Kong Hou. Chang De thought about it and felt the arrangements were good. This would avoid everyone being unused to living together as strangers.

Seeing Huan Zhong and Kong Hou go to another courtyard, Chang De returned to the inner courtyard, found his fellow disciples and said, “Safety first when we enter the secret realm. Do not get injured for spirit grasses and treasures, and do not do anything impulsive.”

“Yes.” The shidi and shimei responded.

“This time, disciples from Radiance Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect are also going. Do not let other sects laugh at us.”

“Radiance Sect and Splendid Cloud Sect also want to participate?” Ling Bo thought she had heard incorrectly. When had Radiance Sect ever cared about small secret realms like this that would open once every five centuries? Now, this disciple unexpectedly came with a disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect—was there something good inside?

“You have seen the two path friends before.” Chang De worried that Ling Bo would make a fuss so he told her beforehand.

“I’ve seen them?” Ling Bo thought of Kong Hou of Splendid Cloud Sect. She frowned. Why did she encounter the other even on a matter like this? After the matter of the inn, she returned to the sect and then heard of the conspiracy of the evil cultivators. They deliberately sowed discord between the sects and the nomad cultivators in order to cause chaos in the cultivation world.

If not for Kong Hou’s unintentional obstruction, she did not dare to guarantee that she would not have made matters worse with her temper. When she thought of it now, she felt slightly lucky. “Is it Celestial Kong Hou of Splendid Cloud Sect?”

“It is her and Huan Zhong of Radiance Sect.” Chang De nodded. “This time, I made plans with them so we can take care of each other.”

Ling Bo’s lips moved. She thought of what her master had told her before leaving the sect and swallowed back her words.

“If you are not used to walking with others, when we enter the secret realm and understand the surrounding environment, we can decide if we want to move separately.” Chang De thought for a moment and then said to a shidi, “Shidi, if you encounter Spirit Master Shuang Qing of Primary Luck Sect, remember to not let him know your name.”