Chapter 70: Practice Makes Perfect

The table was silent. Everyone’s gazes landed on the jade powder on the table.

This slip of the hand was so particular.

Ling Bo’s gaze moved between Kong Hou and Huan Zhong thoughtfully. Chang De felt that Radiance Sect’s Huan Zhong did not seem to like Primary Luck Sect. Yesterday, he was cool towards Spirit Master Shuang Qing. Today, in front of the sect eldest disciple of Primary Luck Sect, he was even more undisguised. Had Primary Luck Sect done something to offend Huan Zhong that he acted like this?

Zhou Xiao stilled. Then he called a servant to bring new cutlery. Just as he stood, Huan Zhong pushed a bowl of spirit crane egg soup in front of Kong Hou. “Eat this early in the morning; it is good for your health.”

“Oh.” Kong Hou raised the bowl to eat. While she did not know why, her intuition told her, if she did not eat it, something bad would occur.

Until that pigeon soup turned cold, Kong Hou did not have a chance to drink it. Huan Zhong reached out to touch the bowl and said with a calm expression, “The soup is cold. I will give you a new bowl.”

He handed the bowl to Kong Hou. After she took a sip, Huan Zhong had a gentle expression. “How is the taste?”

“All right.” Kong Hou drank half of a bowl and stopped.

Huan Zhong nodded. He put down his chopsticks and wiped his mouth with a handkerchief. “I have already finished. Path Friend, thank you and also your honorable sect for your care.”

“Spirit Master Huan Zhong is too polite.” Zhou Xiao smiled openly and turned to ask Kong Hou, “Does Celestial have something else you would like to eat? I will tell the kitchen.”

“I will follow the host. Path Friend Zhou, as you please.” Kong Hou thanked him. “Us cultivators should not put too much importance on food.”

Lin Hu thought, a good girl was learning to lie from Master. This crime was too big.

“Does Celestial want to visit Kui City? This one is untalented and is willing to guide Celestial.” Zhou Xiao’s face was flushed, and he did not dare to look straight at Kong Hou.

“No need.” Kong Hou waved her hand. “I have already made an appointment with Huan Zhong. Path Friend Zhou, you do not have to entertain us—do as you please.”

Zhou Xiao looked at Huan Zhong, and then looked at Kong Hou. He thought of how the two had left in the same carriage that day, and suddenly guessed a certain truth. He looked dazedly at Kong Hou. A small flame in his heart which had not completely ignited was immediately covered by thick snow.

“Since that is the case, then I wish Celestial and Spirit Master to have fun.” Zhou Xiao bowed and quickly walked away.

“Huan Zhong, let’s go.” Kong Hou pulled Huan Zhong’s robe. She looked at Chang De and Ling Bo. “Path Friends, will you come as well?”

Chang De said, “I may as well.”

Ling Bo said, “No.”

Chang De looked at Ling Bo. Hadn’t Shimei said last night that she wanted to go to one of Sky Sect’s shops to buy the latest dresses? Why was she not going now?

“We have some other business to attend to. Path Friends, please go first.” Ling Bo did not wait for Chang De to speak and pulled him away. Chang De saw his shimei so rude but could not criticize her in front of other people. He followed her in leaving.

“Ling Bo.” Coming out of the courtyard, Chang De said helplessly, “You should interact more with other cultivators.”

“Eldest Shixiong, the two are in a relationship. Why would we go interfere?” Ling Bo felt hopeless at Chang De’s slow perception. “Did you not see how ugly Spirit Master Huan Zhong’s face was when Zhou Xiao tried to gain favor with Kong Hou?”