Chapter 111: Cover One's Chest

After Ling Hui was wounded, many in the sect came to visit her. Based on this, those who did not know would think that Ling Hui was on the edge of death. In reality, Ling Hui was forced to eat all kinds of nutritious medicinal pills each day by her master. Her face shone with ruddiness, and even her waist was a size bigger.

That day, she saw an inner sect disciple come visit her and hadn’t thought of it much. But after the other entered her case residence, they suddenly attacked. Before she became unconscious, she was still regretting she hadn’t had the opportunity to eat the new dishes Five Flavors Manor was studying.

The Five Flavors Manor disciples who had been staying on the mountain in the last few days had been making all kinds of food her for her. She was immersed in her desire for food while secretly planning to make herself a batch of body-shaping pills after she recovered.

Luckily, that inner sect disciple who had been impersonated was discovered at the base of the mountain. They had serious injuries but were not in any fatal danger.

After the incident, the guards of the sect were completely changed out, and the disciples in charge of guarding the exits were all given talismans to test people’s identities. This way, it would greatly lessen the possibility of evil cultivators impersonating others. The other major sects received the news and increased their defenses as well. Some people rejoiced inside that this matter occurred at Splendid Cloud Sect and they found the impersonator in time. If this was a minor sect, maybe no one would know even if the sect master had been switched out. With these thoughts in mind, people felt anxious and found everyone they saw suspicious.

The cultivation world was anxious due to this matter. The major sects could only work together by sending disciples to the other sects and help them investigate everyone’s identity. Upon inspection, they really found some problems. For example, this disciple wanted to join other sects and was in secret communication with them. A seemingly stern elder liked to play with cloth puppets in private. A tall and strong man liked to cross-dress, but he was not skilled in the bone-shrinking art. When he frequently sneaked out, he was almost caught by other members of his sect who thought he was an evil cultivator.

These ridiculous matters became jokes for some cultivators to discuss after meals. But when everyone managed to pull out people sent by evil cultivators from some sects, the atmosphere turned grave.

Righteous people would never imagine how many tactics evil people would have. Light could not choose to fight back only after darkness consumed it. That was an unnecessary sacrifice and making trouble for oneself.
The ten major sects once again strengthened their defenses, adding many more guards to the major cities. The people started to look sharply at suspicious people.

The evil cultivators had never imagined that their failure in sneaking into Splendid Cloud Sect would cause such a ruckus in the entire cultivation world. For example they would send someone to stay a day in a village. On the first day, the villagers would treat them with simple and honest hospitality. The second day, orthodox cultivators would come and capture their people.

Their people went to sleep in an inn. After going to sleep, during the night, they were tied up and hung at the front of the gates of the mayor’s mansion.

Some subordinates who were sent to sow discord between the orthodox sects were beaten up by a crowd before they could even say much. After the beatdown, a sign was hung on them saying “the ugly face of an evil cultivator,” and they were paraded on the streets on a wooden wagon.

They were evil cultivators, those that should destroy the world. Why were their days so bad? There had been so many evil cultivators in history. Were they the worst off? The evil cultivators in the evil cultivator world heard the news from Lingyou World and felt heartsore.