Chapter 89: No Apology

“There is no solution.” The evil cultivator shrunk his neck back, lying on the ground and afraid to lift his head. “This Soul Sacrificing Formation is called Withering of Ten Thousand Bones, created by the most powerful formation master of the evil cultivator realm. It uses the mountains and rivers as the formation and people’s lives as the lure to obtain countless fiendish energy and resentment.”

Huan Zhong, who had been standing silently behind Kong Hou all this time, frowned slightly when hearing “Withering of Ten Thousand Bones.” He walked next to Kong Hou and pulled her wrist.

“Huan Zhong, what is it?” Kong Hou turned to look at Huan Zhong.

“Do not step on him,” Huan Zhong said. “Dirty.”

The evil cultivator: “…”

He was being stepped on like a mat. He didn’t even have the time to dislike the dirtiness of the floor, and people were disliking him for being dirty. These orthodox sects were too shameless in their words and actions. Even their tactics of humiliation were so creative.

Kong Hou moved her foot off the evil cultivator’s back. She rubbed her shoe against the ground and said in realization, “You are right.”

“Killing a person is just the head touching the ground. You fail as orthodox sects by abusing hostages so.” The evil cultivator noticed Kong Hou’s movement and muttered in a quiet voice, “Isn’t that something us evil cultivators do?”

“Master, as an orthodox cultivator, I have decided to satisfy his last wish and let his head touch the ground.” Lin Hu pulled his sword out and walked in front of the evil cultivator.

The evil cultivator begged for mercy. “Spirit Master, spare me. Us evil cultivators’ words do not count—do not take them as truth.”

“You mean that Withering of Ten Thousand Bones is false?” The sword tip touched the evil cultivator’s forehead. The evil cultivator shivered in fear. The threads of cold from the sword seemed to have invaded his mind.

“No, no, no, us evil cultivators are sometimes very honest.” The evil cultivator immediately spoke. “I am unique among the evil cultivators—I like to do good things.”

Lin Hu did not want to waste words with him. He put away his sword and said, “There really is no way to defeat the formation?”

“A formation like this was created to build anger and hatred—why does it need a solution?” The evil cultivator did not dare to speak loudly. He feared the sword cultivator’s sword would accidentally land on him.

Lin Hu turned to look at Huan Zhong with slight worry in his eyes. Once the Withering of Ten Thousand Bones Formation formed, the majority of the mortal world would be pulled in. The anger and hatred at the time would be brought by the evil cultivators to Lingyou World, and Lingyou World would be drowned in negative emotions. What would it be like then?

He did not dare to think about it and could not accept Lingyou World, which had been peaceful for so long, to become chaotic.

Hearing these words, the empress was first shocked and then became furious. She pulled down her heavy phoenix crown and threw it to the ground. She walked and grabbed the evil cultivator’s clothes, yelling furiously, “You immortals are high up—what do you think us mortals are, livestock to be killed at will? Those are people, with flesh and blood, with families, parents, children.”

Her voice cracked and she lost the composure an empress should have. “The useless emperor tormented us, the aloof immortals think we are livestock—what have us mortals done wrong?”

Seeing an ordinary human woman daring to shout at him, the evil cultivator sneered, “What does the life and death of mortals have to do with us?” Just a group of short-lived and useless ordinary people. When they encountered trouble, they only knew to beg the gods and buddhas for help. They deserved to get treated so.