Chapter 142: I Want To Give Him A Status

“Thank you, Spirit Master Zhong Xi, for taking care of my degenerate disciples.” Wang Tong was slightly displeased but he knew that matters of love could not be forced. He started to thank Huan Zhong.

But these two grand disciples of his blocked him when he talked to Spirit Master Zhong Xi. While Splendid Cloud Sect was a carefree sect, they did not allow their juniors to be so impolite. He frowned and then swept his sleeve with spirit energy to move his two grand disciples to the side.

The two fingers secretly tangled together flashed apart like lightning and only left behind an afterimage.

There was a two feet distance between the pair. Wang Tong’s gaze moved between the pair. He said to Tan Feng who had run over, “Tan Feng, Spirit Master Zhong Xi is going to the guest courtyard.” Then he looked at Kong Hou and the two grand disciples. “You will follow me.”

Tan Feng was unable to even speak to Little Shimei and his two shizhi. “…”

He bowed to Huan Zhong and said with a smile, “Spirit Master Zhong Xi, please come this way.”

Looking at Wang Tong’s departing back, Huan Zhong’s black eyes met Tan Feng’s gaze. “Thank you.”

“Spirit Master has no need to be so polite.” Tan Feng gave a strange cry into the air. Three cranes flew out of the clouds and landed in front of them. “Spirit Master Zhong Xi, please.”
Lin Hu glanced at the cranes. Fortunately, he had some sense of existence in the eyes of Path Friend Tan Feng.

Huan Zhong stepped onto the back of the crane. When the crane flew into the air, he looked down. Wang Tong, Kong Hou and the others flickered out of view on the limestone path.

Tan Feng looked back and saw Huan Zhong looking down at his master and shimei. He explained with a smile, “Spirit Master, do not mind. Master has always been good to Shimei. They have not met for a long time and must have many things to say. It’s good for them to walk together.”

Huan Zhong nodded minutely.

Kong Hou followed Wang Tong back to the cave residence. Eldest Shixiong was already waiting there for them.

Cheng Yi said a few gentle things to his two students before saying, “Go rest. I have words to say to your grandmaster and shishu.”

“Wait a moment.” Kong Hou called Gui Ling back. “Rou Rou, go rest. Gui Ling, stay.”

Gui Ling walked with a lowered head in front of the three and knelt down without even thinking.

Wang Tong had no thoughts of helping his student teach his student. He played with a jade ornament and remained silent.

Cheng Yi’s expression changed slightly when he saw Gui Ling kneel down. “What happened?”

“This disciple was unfilial and made a great mistake. This disciple is willing to accept all punishment. Please, Master, do not expel this student from Splendid Cloud Sect.” Gui Ling bent down and pressed his head to the ground.

The cave residence quieted. Cheng Yi looked at his kneeling disciple and then at Kong Hou.

Kong Hou sighed and told the events to Cheng Yi.

“What do you have to say?” Cheng Yi’s expression did not change after he listened to the story and looked again at Gui Ling.

“This disciple had other intentions when joining Splendid Cloud Sect. But… but I regretted it.” Gui Ling felt his words were so powerless but he still carried a small sliver of hope.

“Have you done anything to harm Splendid Cloud Sect?”

Gui Ling shook his head.

“Do you regret joining Splendid Cloud Sect?”