Chapter 85: Prayer

Kong Hou indistinctly felt something was wrong with Huan Zhong. She observed Huan Zhong’s expression. Recently, after he started universal paired cultivation with her, Huan Zhong’s complexion had gotten much better. Even Elder Lin had said that Huan Zhong could soon recover eighty percent of his past cultivation.

Right now, Huan Zhong’s cultivation was deep and unmeasurable. She had not expected this was only sixty percent of his power. When they found the spirit grasses and Huan Zhong eliminated his mental demon, how great would he be?

There was a kind of person in the world who others felt even at first glance that he should stand in the highest of places, and should not live in mundanity. In Kong Hou’s eyes, Huan Zhong was this kind of person. Teacher, as well as friend, as well as elder brother. If there was any hope of recovery, she did not want Huan Zhong to give up.

Seeing the young girl’s puzzled look, Huan Zhong’s expression recovered. “You have been cultivating with me in these past days. This place has beautiful scenery. Let’s first rest here and then go to the bottom of Wind Listening Valley.”

“All right.” Kong Hou was hesitant but this place was beautiful. No wonder even Huan Zhong liked this place.

She walked to the edge of the pond and sat. As spirit energy circulated around her body, the contents of the Secret Art of the Mind appeared in her mind. In the secret realm, the spirit realm spirit demanded she memorize the mind art. At the time, she had not felt anything but she now discovered that the contents of the art seemed to be carved into her mind. She could not forget it.

Finding that her body unconsciously wanted to cultivate following the methods of the mind art, Kong Hou hurriedly controlled her mind and started to channel her spirit energy.

“She is born for cultivation.” Lin Hu looked at Kong Hou who had quickly entered her trance and merged into one with the world by the water’s edge. He patted the horse’s head and fed it some more spirit grass with an astounded gaze.

“In this world, everyone will be born with talent. But everyone has different talents, and in varying amounts.” Huan Zhong looked at Lin Hu. “You do not have to feel inferior.”

Lin Hu laughed. Master really liked to joke. A person of his age would not feel jealousy or inferiority because of a junior’s talent.

Knowing that Master was joking, Lin Hu said, “Just like you.”

“Yes.” Huan Zhong nodded. “They say one should pay the one who saved their life with oneself…”

“Master, you are wrong. In the mortal world, this means that if you are ugly, you should work for them—only the good-looking ones repay with themselves.”

“I am very good-looking. Kong Hou is also very good-looking.”

Lin Hu was silent for a long time. “Master, are you joking with me?”

Huan Zhong asked back .”When do I ever joke with you?”

Lin Hu was expressionless. “Frequently.”

“Then you do not have to worry this time. I am serious.”

Lin Hu’s lips trembled. He turned away and did not speak. He released the reins of the horses so they could go feed and drink on their own. The horses running around were like his emotions, running wildly but not mad.

“Please, please, save us.”

“Immortal Princess, please appear and look at us.”

“Everything in the past was this palace’s fault. Please appear and save the people. This palace is willing to give up ten years from the lifespan.”