Chapter 109: Happiness

At Gui Ling’s words, the entire hall went silent. The other three peak masters simultaneously turned to look with burning gazes at Qing Yuan, their desire to watch a spectacle obvious. Qing Yuan knew that his shixiong all had the bad habit of liking to spectate, but he was the peak master of Daybreak Cloud Peak. Even if he was angry, he would not show any of it in front of his juniors. He raised his head and looked at his shixiong with a smile.
It was not so easy to see a spectacle. Although he had wanted Cheng Yi as an apprentice back then, Wang Tong had scrambled to get there first. That was a few centuries ago. He did not care about it, not at all.

The three peak masters saw him like this, coughed and lowered their heads. They feared if they continued watching, fire would burst out of Qing Yuan’s eyes. If they fought, it would not look nice in front of the juniors.

Gui Ling was a rare talent—no wonder Qing Yuan wanted him. But they hadn’t thought that Gui Ling would want to go to Moon Perching Peak. After Wang Tong took on Kong Hou seven years ago, he said he would not accept any more apprentices. If Gui Ling joined Moon Perching Peak, the best choice was to have Cheng Yi as his master.

“Gui Ling, my master already said that he will not accept any more apprentices. Even so, you still want to join Moon Perching Peak?” Cheng Yi didn’t dare look at Qing Yuan Shishu. He could only look at Gui Ling. “You will not regret it?”

“I will not regret. This disciple is willing to join Moon Perching Peak.” Gui Ling bowed deeply to Cheng Yi.

Cheng Yi did not immediately answer and turned to look at Kong Hou. Kong Hou had a smile on her face and was silent, but used a sound art to Huan Zhong. [Huan Zhong, what do you think?]

[He is a good seedling suited for cultivation. It is a pity he cannot join under Wang Tong Shishu‘s name.] Huan Zhong looked indifferently at the handsome youth standing by the stairs. [If Path Friend Cheng Yi takes him and he becomes the next generation apprentice, it will not bury his talent.]

If this was another sect, Huan Zhong would not give such a suggestion. Many sects had internal conflict mainly because the peak masters competed for disciples or compared them. But Splendid Cloud Sect was different. This sect looked to be in chaos in their conduct, but in their internal management, they were more intelligent and strategic than other sects. The peaks were all close to each other.
Kong Hou agreed. Gui Ling was good at cultivation, and hard-working. Shixiong was already a Mind Manifestation forebear, but he didn’t even have a disciple under his name. Gui Ling would not take much effort. It was not unprofitable to accept him.

“Shixiong,” Kong Hou whispered in Cheng Yi’s ear. “Since Gui Ling intends to join Moon Perching Peak, how about you temporary receive him as a disciple in name? Gui Ling is reliable and works hard on his cultivation. If you accept him as a disciple, he can help you in the future.”

No matter how talented or hard-working he was, nothing could compare to being reliable and able to help. Cheng Yi thought through this and said to Gui Ling, “If so, you can join Moon Perching Peak. I will temporarily have you as my disciple in name—are you willing?”

Gui Ling stilled slightly and then bowed a moment later. “This disciple greets Master.” He looked up and met Huan Zhong’s gaze. He wanted to shift away timidly, but he found he was unable to move his neck, his body frozen.

Then he saw the famed Spirit Master Huan Zhong nod slightly at him and give a small smile.

That smile was extremely shallow and a flash in the pan that disappeared quickly. For some inexplicable reason, Gui Ling felt the other was laughing at him, or maybe smiling in victory.

Gui Ling joined Moon Perching Peak, and the other four peaks started to select as well. In the end, the other four peaks chose four, and Moon Perching Peak only chose three. Gui Ling, Gao Jian Yan and Li Rou all joined Moon Perching Peak and became inner sect disciples of Moon Perching Peak.