Chapter 57: Demon

“Mind Dividing cultivation?!” Kong Hou thought her ears had a problem. Her master had Projection Stage cultivation and was already an expert of the cultivation world. She had not expected this evil cultivator to have a higher stage of cultivation than her master! She thought for a moment, and put the Water Frost Sword back into her hair.

“Miss Kong Hou, what are you doing?” Lin Hu who had hurried to them with a sword in hand saw Kong Hou’s strange action and was puzzled.

“Master and the shixiong worked hard to raise me.” Kong Hou took out a flying message seal from her storage ring. “Before death, I have to at least leave behind some words for them.”

Seeing the young girl’s ashen face and her trembling hand holding the flying message seal, Lin Hu did not tell her that even if she wanted to send the flying message seal, the White Evil Sage had the cultivation and means to block this flying message seal. However, this was the first time in his many years he encountered a disciple preparing to leave behind a will before an unwinnable battle.

Kong Hou had never directly experienced how terrifying a person with Mind Dividing cultivation could be. When she saw Old Man Wu Ku cause the flying palace to sway in the air and the sky to change color with a wave of his sleeve, she finally realized how minuscule she was. She realized why cultivators would call other cultivators with Mind Manifestation cultivation or above Forebear.

If she had known that she would die today, she should have bought all of Talented Author’s books, and then found him to tell him that he wrote good storybooks, that he should not give up. Recently, she had not been able to buy his new works. She did not know if he had given up on writing or was delayed by other matters.

She should not have taken so many things out of the sect. Now, once she was dead, her possessions would benefit that evil cultivator. The more she thought, the angrier she got. Kong Hou’s eyes turned red.

“Do not be afraid.” Huan Zhong saw Kong Hou crouched on the ground holding the jade seal. Her eyes were rimmed in red, and she appeared exceptionally pitiful. He bent down and looked into her eyes. He gently patted her head. “I am here, and I will not let anything happen to you.”

“Huan Zhong.” Kong Hou grabbed his sleeve. “Do not risk it. Your injuries have not healed.”

“No matter.” Huan Zhong smiled at her, very warmly. Kong Hou looked dazedly at him and could not speak. But her hand gripped his sleeve.

“You’ve never seen me wield the sword before—do not miss it today.” Huan Zhong looked at Wu Ku who was attacking the flying palace boundary with a talisman. He jumped and flew out of the boundary, his white robes ethereal.

“Huan Zhong.”

“Master!” Lin Hu knew he was not a match for Wu Ku. He turned and looked at Kong Hou and the Auspicious Pavilion disciples. He said to them, “Everyone, stay in the flying palace and do not leave. I will go help Master.”

Kong Hou watched as Lin Hu chased after Huan Zhong. She put away her flying message seal and took down the phoenix head hairpin in her hair. The hairpin turned into a miniature Phoenix Head Kong Hou. Phoenix Head gave off a sharp phoenix cry.

“A phoenix head instrument. This old man has good luck today to encounter the genius disciples of orthodox sects.” Wu Ku heard the phoenix cry. Looking at Kong Hou behind the boundary, he laughed maniacally. “You killed my apprentice, and now I will take the heads of the exceptional disciples of orthodox sects. This is profitable.” When he finished speaking, the talisman he held gave off bright light. All of space seemed to twist. The boundary collapsed and the powerful wind buffeted the flying palace. The Auspicious Pavilion disciples cried out and were almost swept out of the flying palace.