Chapter 156: Ascending, Do Not Disturb!

The tiger serpent was Jiu Su’s pet. He summoned it here to break the Twenty Four Star Mansion Formation.

He said that everyone present wasn’t a match for him, but he knew that if this formation was not broken, he would not be able to last under Zhong Xi and Kong Hou’s attacks.

When the tiger serpent appeared, its roars rang out into the sky. Everyone changed expression. Once the Twenty Four Star Mansion Formation was activated, they could not easily move from their positions at the points. Had Jiu Su thought of this and summoned the vicious tiger serpent?

Kong Hou stood back to back with Huan Zhong. Seeing the tiger serpent charge towards her elders, she lifted Phoenix Head and threw it. “Leave the tiger serpent to me—the rest is up to you.”

The “rest”, Jiu Su, did not bother to talk and clashed together with Huan Zhong.

The fighting between experts could be said to take the light from the world as sand and stone moved, and lightning flashed.

The Harmonious City people hiding in their houses secretly peeked out through their windows. Hearing the thunderous roars on the mountain, they couldn’t help but put their hands together and pray. People here lived in peace due to the protection of cultivators and sects. The evil cultivators committed evil and caused unrest in the world. If the cultivators on Splendid Cloud Sect were defeated by the evil cultivators, the cultivation world was finished.

“The battle above has not finished—where do you want to go?”
Mu Xi looked warily at the man holding a sword pointing at him. He took a step back.

“Do not move. If you take another step back, my sword will take two steps forward.” The man shook the sword in his hand. “Haven’t held a sword for many years; it is unfamiliar now.”

“Who are you?” Mu Xi felt this person was not simple. The man didn’t have any cultivator presence and his sword didn’t have any spirit energy. But this kind of person and this kind of sword made him not even dare to move.

“You want to know my name before you die so you will die with no regrets?” The man raised an eyebrow and appeared very dissolute.

Mu Xi’s hands sweated. “If Elder will tell this junior your name, this junior will be very grateful.

“Never mind. Letting you die with regrets is a virtue.” As the man finished speaking, his sword stabbed into Mu Xi’s spirit platform like a shadow.

Mu Xi lay on the ground, his eyes wide in terror. He was a formation master not skilled in fighting, but he still had Projection Stage cultivation. He should have been able to dodge.

“You… you are…” Mu Xi threw up blood from his mouth. All of his cunning, and caution in his life. He had never thought he would die like this. When he saw the orthodox sects had a plan prepared for their enemy, he had a bad feeling and wanted to take the opportunity to leave Harmonious City.

Seeing the nearby city gates, his consciousness started to blur.

A long long time ago, he joined a small sect. The disciples fawned over their elders to compete for limited resources. Because he did not have good talent, he was always harassed by the sect eldest shixiong, and then he was exiled from the sect later on.

The day he was exiled, he was full of fury and discontent. What had he thought back then?

He wanted to become the strongest formation master of the cultivation world, so that the entire sect would regret what they had done.

Was his past wish just this?

He slowly closed his eyes. Many angry souls seemed to charge towards him in his blurry sight. Many of the faces were unfamiliar, and there were also cultivators that had died in his hands.