Chapter 134: Kasaya

Kong Hou looked up from Huan Zhong and found the illusion had disappeared. Sect Master Jin Yue and Qiu Shuang Grand Shishu were standing nearby. She pushed Huan Zhong away and adjusted her clothing. She ran to Qiu Shuang and pouted, “Grand Shishu.”

Qiu Shuang saw her gaze was clear, but her cultivation had grown much more concentrated. She pretended nothing had happened and said, “The star disk has not unlocked—do not act alone.”

As she finished speaking, the last barrier in front of them fell. Spirit Master Yuan Chen was still sitting in the north position, his face pale and his breathing shallow. Hong Yan stood at the center of the formation, blood at the corners of her mouth and facing Jiu Su.

Seeing Kong Hou and the others exit, Jiu Su did not hesitate in trying to kill Hong Yan. Hong Yan was at the end of her spirit energy after using it all to activate the star disk. She was fundamentally unable to dodge.

Kong Hou did not even think before she summoned the Water Frost sword to stand in front of Hong Yan. She was not as strong as Jiu Su. While she blocked a part of the attack, Hong Yan was still pushed back by the powerful flow of energy. She landed next to Grandmaster Yuan Chen.

Kong Hou didn’t know what Hong Yan had done to Jiu Su. Jiu Su did not extract revenge on Kong Hou for attacking him. He turned and moved to leave. As though he expected such an action, Huan Zhong cast a spell. The Dragon Roar sword headed straight for Jiu Su’s spirit platform.

Jiu Su barely managed to avoid this attack to his weakness. Dragon Roar penetrated his abdomen, erupting with sword energy. Jiu Su’s surrounding skin split apart and he was wounded all over. As a Great Vehicle Stage cultivator, he was unable to avoid a Mind Dividing Stage cultivator’s attack. No one knew how seriously he was wounded.

“Do you see?” Hong Yan vomited great mouthfuls of blood on the ground. She started to laugh madly and joyously again. She turned to look at Kong Hou. “A man’s love is always filled with sweetness and grandness, but once it concerns them, under the grandness is the dirt of selfishness.”
Kong Hou’s lips moved. Huan Zhong took two steps forward and shielded her.

Jiu Su hit his own abdomen with his palm. The Dragon Roar sword vibrated but was forced out of Jiu Su’s body. Zhong Xi took the Dragon Roar sword back. Dragon Roar continued to tremble in his hand. It only quieted after he channeled spirit energy in.

Jin Yue and Qiu Shuang threw out their talismans to block Jiu Su from escaping. Jiu Su smirked, ignoring the bleeding of his body. “You think you can stop me with your abilities.”

His words were so proud that Jin Yue and Qiu Shuang became more wary. Jiu Su suddenly grabbed Hong Yan who was on the ground, hit her, and threw her towards Jin Yue and Qiu Shuang like she was a weapon.

Qiu Shuang flew to catch Hong Yan. Jiu Su turned into flowing light and disappeared into the night.

“Chirp?” The small-eyed fox on the ground took a step back. She turned to see Jiu Su disappear and prepared to flee.

A golden light wrapped around her waist. She struggled a bit on the ground and then pretended to be dead on the ground. Kong Hou threw the fox into the cage and walked quickly to Hong Yan.

Hong Yan’s face was waxy yellow, as though all vitality had left her. Only her slightly moving chest confirmed she was alive.

Qiu Shuang channeled spirit energy into her body, but she pushed it away. “No need…”

Qiu Shuang’s hand stilled. She knew that Hong Yan was at the end of her life. She wiped away the blood from Hong Yan’s face. “Why do you do this?” The love and hate of the past was just gossip for outsiders, but for those involved, those were memories of a lifetime.