Chapter 137: Mental Demon

Qiu Shuang had a high status in Splendid Cloud Sect. Almost no one would object to anything she agreed to. Jin Yue knew this. Qiu Shuang knew this. Jin Yue understood Qiu Shuang’s intentions when she said this.

Jin Yue seemed to understand slightly why Splendid Cloud Sect’s relationships were so harmonious.

The seemingly muddle-headed group did clear-minded things.

##

In the darkness Huan Zhong slowly opened his eyes. If spirit energy was tangible, Kong Hou would be an enormous whirlpool at this moment. She pulled all the surrounding spirit energy to her body. The spirit energy was both condensed and wild. If an ordinary person received so much spirit energy at once, they would explode. But Kong Hou had a good complexion, her face white but slightly pink. She was in a comfortable state.

She and the spirit energy were combined into an integral whole. The spirit energy was like a docile pet surrounding her that repeatedly washed her meridians.

Even so, half of the spirit energy that circulated through her body would wrap around him and enter his spirit platform. The spirit energy coming from Kong Hou was even gentler. It slowly nurtured his spirit platform and repaired his tattered meridians.

Huan Zhong showed a worried expression when he opened his hand and gripped the spirit energy. This worry had formed when Spirit Master Hong Yan opened the star mansion door, even though it cost her death, and severely wounded the evil lord.
He did not know much about the grievances of the elders in the past. But Hong Yan fell here in Radiance Sect. Sect Master Wang Su did not even ask one question. He could not help but think.

Ever since he entered Radiance Sect, he heard many praises of him. Genius, natural-born sword, the chance for the cultivation world to ascend. The elders of different sects looked at him with anticipation. All the disciples revered him. He became the peak master of Sword Cry Peak in his hundredth year and none in the sect objected.

He did not know if he could become the hope of the cultivation world. He just practised the sword every day and became a fitting genius in the eyes of others.

Everyone said that people had mental demons because of their emotions. He had mental demons because of the lack of emotions.

Why did he practice the sword? Who did he raise his sword for? He repeated the same actions day after day. He would not change until he ascended. This kind of life—what difference did it make whether it was long or short?

His fellow disciples would unconsciously lower their voices and take care with every word when facing him. They worried that if they were not appropriate, it would affect his mental state.

Everyone said they could not disturb his cultivation, disturb his mental state, disturb him from ascending.

Ascending, ascending.

Was ascension so interesting that so many people hoped for it? Countless cultivators from the orthodox sects died for even a trace of a chance. The evil cultivators killed many innocent people for this opportunity. What wrong did those people have who could not ascend that they became the sacrifices in this battle?

He might have been unwilling and puzzled. When the mental demon formed, he was unable to fight. He did not understand love, or even how to interact and talk with others. He was a person, but he was a sword in other people’s eyes. He was the weak but determined hope in the eyes of the cultivators.

What if he wasn’t?

If the one with opportunity was someone else, who was that person?

Huan Zhong looked dazedly at Kong Hou. He felt a pain in his chest. Spirit energy rolled through his body and almost broke through the meridians connected to his spirit platform. Suddenly, spirit energy came off Kong Hou’s body and wrapped around this spirit platform. These spirit energy threads were like the strongest of protectors, slowly connecting his disconnected meridians, burrowing into his cracked spirit platform to repair those seemingly bottomless crevices.