Chapter 103: Steal?

“How do you feel?”
“About what?” Wang Tong was confused by Song He’s sudden question. He frowned and looked at Song He who clearly did not want to smile but was forcing a smile. “Song He, we have known each other many years. Without you saying, I also know how powerful Radiance Sect is, and how talented Zhong Xi is. Really, are you saying all this because you are jealous I have a good apprentice, or you want me to mediate between you and Clear Dawn Sect?”

“What does this have to do with Clear Dawn Sect?” Song He looked bewildered at Wang Tong. He rarely had worked so hard to curry favor with someone in his lifetime. The effects… did not seem to be very good?

“Your two sects want a marriage alliance to join forces and fight the evil cultivator invasion. I can understand that,” Wang Tong said sincerely. “But this will slight the two children to make such sacrifices for the cultivation world.” The sword cultivators were not enthusiastic about romance, but due to the return of the evil cultivators, they had to make this choice. No one could say anything not good.

After listening a while, Song He reacted. So Wang Tong had not understood his intentions. What did this have to do with Clear Dawn Sect, and mediation?

“Then what do you feel about our sects having a marriage alliance?” Helplessly, Song He could only speak more bluntly.

“We?” Wang Tong looked at Song He like he was looking at an idiot. “Why would your Radiance Sect ally with us—what do you want?”

Of the ten major sects, other than Quiet Peace Temple which was completely monks and nuns, all the other seven sects were good choices for a marriage alliance. Why did they want Splendid Cloud Sect? Wang Tong and Song He had known each other for many years and so he said straightforwardly, “Song He, I am not being unduly humble, but your honored sect and ours most likely are not suited. Your honored sect disciples are self-disciplined and steady geniuses of the cultivation world. The sword is the most important thing to you. The female disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect are different. They like material items, good food, and are lively. Radiance Sect disciples cannot accept the atmosphere of Splendid Cloud Sect, and our Splendid Cloud Sect disciples cannot manage to stay in Radiance Sect. Over time, they would inevitably feel hatred and become enemies.

“If the conflict between juniors becomes ugly, Splendid Cloud Sect is not one to let our children be slighted, and that will affect the relationship between our sects.” Wang Tong shook his head. “Not suitable, not suitable.”
Seeing Wang Tong’s reaction, Song He’s heart felt cold. A refusal without even any consideration. Shizhi‘s matter most likely would not be easy.

Seeing Song He look dazedly at him, Wang Tong said with good intention, “In truth, of the three generations of disciples in Splendid Cloud Sect, none have had an union. Your honored sect disciples are good, but I fear we cannot find suitable disciples for an union.

“Do not overthink. Even without a marriage alliance, when the evil cultivators invade, our humble sect will not retreat even one step in front of the evil cultivators.” Splendid Cloud Sect knew that Radiance Sect had shouldered responsibilities that other sects of the cultivation world could not. While Splendid Cloud Sect could not do the same to the degree of Radiance Sect, they would not watch as Radiance Sect fought alone against the evil cultivators.

“I…”

“There is no need to discuss this matter anymore.” Wang Tong waved his hand and said, “Lucky you only mentioned this to me and did not say it in front of the sect master. With his personality, he will not hesitate in refusing you. Then it will be awkward for everyone.” He poured a cup of tea for Song He. “Here, drink tea.”

Song He: ” …”

His heart was in a panic. He could not drink.

##