Chapter 59: Feng City

“Huan Zhong?” Kong Hou watched as Huan Zhong walked into her room and closed the door. She thought that he was going to tell a secret to her, so she lowered her voice and asked, “What happened?”

After closing the door, Huan Zhong realized just how absurd his action was. His gaze swept across Kong Hou’s neck and then quickly moved away. “No matter, I just came to look.”

Kong Hou immediately understood. So Huan Zhong had been worried about her health. She bent down and carried her blankets back to the bed from the couch. “I’m really fine, I just used too much spirit energy.”

“Oh.” Huan Zhong watched as Kong Hou folded her blankets and then watched as she combed her hair. His mind told him that he should leave Kong Hou’s room right now, but his feet did not listen.

There were talismans that gathered water in the room. Kong Hou took some water to rinse her mouth. She turned and saw Huan Zhong standing with his back turned to her. She couldn’t help but laugh. “Fortunately you were there yesterday.”

“Maybe, if you were not travelling with me, you would not encounter these matters.” Ever since Kong Hou met him, she was helping him gather medicine ingredients. If she had not encountered him, maybe she would have met up with some people similar to her. Good friends who were young and lively. They would fly on swords and tour the mountains and waters. She would not be accompanying him, an ill and dull sword cultivator, and encounter so many accidents along the way.

“Do not think like that. Maybe, if I had not encountered you, other cultivators would have bullied me,” Kong Hou argued back seriously. “Maybe I would not have found the opportunity for a breakthrough and would still be stuck at Base Building Stage.”

Huan Zhong turned around and saw Kong Hou was standing in front of her dressing table. An absurd thought flashed through his mind. Years later, would an outstanding male cultivator accompany her, see her put on her makeup, and draw her eyebrows for her?

When Huan Zhong put the face of any male disciple of Radiance Sect onto this male cultivator’s face, Huan Zhong felt that these disciples could not match a good girl like Kong Hou.

“Huan Zhong? Huan Zhong?” Kong Hou had asked Huan Zhong what his sword was called but then she turned and found that he was dazed out staring at her dressing table. Kong Hou looked down at her table in puzzlement. Except for the powders and rouge, there were only some hair accessories. Was something here worthy of Huan Zhong’s attention?

“Huan Zhong, are you feeling all right?” Kong Hou worried that Huan Zhong was having a problem with his health and not telling her. Last time, when he killed the Mind Manifestation evil cultivator, Huan Zhong’s inner energy had been slightly chaotic. Old Man Wu Ku was that evil cultivator’s master, and had greater cultivation. Was Huan Zhong’s spirit platform fine?

“It’s nothing.” Huan Zhong thought of how Kong Hou had ignored him last time. He shook his head and said, “I just got distracted. Could you repeat your question?”

“Are you truly all right?” Kong Hou stood up and walked next to him. She used spirit energy to explore his spirit meridians. After making sure there were no problems, she walked back to the dressing table and continued to comb her hair. “Just now, I asked what your sword is called.”

“It is called Dragon Roar.” Huan Zhong took out the Dragon Roar sword. He touched the dragon pattern on the sword sheath. The dragon pattern seemed to come alive, each scale clear to see.

In Huan Zhong’s hand, the Dragon Roar looked like an ordinary black metal sword. But when it was unsheathed, it possessed unparalleled light. Kong Hou felt a strange presence from the sword, authoritative but not a pressure caused by spirit energy.