Chapter 118: Female Yao

Qiu Shuang saw Kong Hou come over and pulled her to sit by her side. “We spoil this child, and she is getting worse and worse.”

Pentad spirit base talent, Base Building at fourteen—this was called getting worse?

Shuang Qing gritted his teeth and forced a smile. “Celestial Kong Hou’s talent is such that not many in the cultivation world can compare. Elder, you are too stringent.”

Stringent was a more derisive phrase than strict. It appeared that Spirit Master Shuang Qing still had opinions about being unable to join Splendid Cloud Sect back then. Otherwise, he would not have used such a term. Kong Hou peeked at Elder Qiu Shuang who still looked cold and lazy, as though she did not care what Shuang Qing said.

Of course, as one of the top ten cultivators in the entire cultivation world, Elder Qiu Shuang had this confidence.

Zhou Xiao, who was sitting next to Shuang Qing, could not hear the emotions in Shuang Qing’s words and gave an honest smile to Kong Hou. Kong Hou nodded slightly at him and stood to pour tea for Qiu Shuang and Shuang Qing.

Shuang Qing had predicted all kinds of reactions of Qiu Shuang, but hadn’t expected a complete lack of reaction. It felt as though all the struggles and hard work he had performed in these years were nothing and ineffective. He was so angry he raised the tea cup and poured it into his mouth. But the tea was so hot his tongue was in pain. In order to avoid embarrassing himself, he swallowed it all without even a frown.

In front of Qiu Shuang, he was too embarrassed to heal with a minor spell and pretended to look at ease.
Qiu Shuang looked at him. Her hand, fingernails painted, flipped, and a bottle of green pills appeared in her palm. She placed the pills in front of Shuang Qing. “Stop trying to bear it. The boiled water came from Splendid Cloud Mountain’s springs and is unlike ordinary water. If you are burned, I do not know how long it will take you to heal without the special medicine of Splendid Cloud Mountain.”

Looking at the bottle of medicine, Shuang Qing’s face flushed red. His lips trembled. A long moment later, he said, “Elder Qiu Shuang has such good eyes to see everything.”

“Do you know why I was not willing to let you join Splendid Cloud Sect back then?” Elder Qiu Shuang did not mind when she saw him not pick up the medicine bottle. She continued speaking. “You are diligent and work hard, you also have good talent, and that is more than enough to be a disciple of Splendid Cloud Sect. But most disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect are free in their personality, unrestrained in their emotions, and do not care about trifles. That kind of atmosphere did not suit you. If I had kept you back then out of selfishness, it would have buried your talent.”

Shuang Qing was not suited to Splendid Cloud Sect, and Splendid Cloud Sect was not suited to Shuang Qing. For a person who cared about good manners and had good control of himself, it would be all right if he stayed a while in Splendid Cloud Sect. If he stayed too long, he might go crazy.

“Don’t you think that I do not qualify for Splendid Cloud Sect?” Qiu Shuang easily said the question that had been in his mind for many years, as though all his persistence was a joke.

He pushed aside the teacup and medicine bottle in front of him and turned to leave.

“Diligent, not concerned about trifles, strategic, and open-minded are all good traits; there is no discrimination between them.” Qiu Shuang took a sip of tea and did not try to keep Shuang Qing. “I have never looked down on you. Right now, you are the sect master of Primary Luck Sect. People in the cultivation world would only say Splendid Cloud Sect has no foresight, and nothing about you. Put down the past.”

Shuang Qing paused in his steps. A moment later, he looked back at Qiu Shuang and sneered. “Elder Qiu Shuang thinks too much. I am a master of a sect now and do not have much energy to spare for past events.”