Chapter 7: Confidence

Seeing Master’s shixiong and shidi silent, Kong Hou didn’t know what she had said wrong, and only smiled sweetly at the peak masters.

Heng Yan’s heart shook. He reached for the fruit on the table beside him and wanted to put them into Kong Hou’s hands. But the cold feeling from the fruit plate caused him to calm down. Splendid Cloud Sect hadn’t had many children in recent years. Old people like him didn’t have any experience with children.

He thought and then took out several bottles of pills to give to Kong Hou as a meeting gift. “Shibo didn’t know of your arrival and didn’t prepare a first meeting gift. Take these pills for when you need them. But you have to remember—when you step onto the path of cultivation, you cultivate the body, you cultivate the mind, and you will not reach the highest point relying on material items.”

“Thank you, Shibo, for your guidance.” Kong Hou held the medicine bottles and her anxious heart calmed.

Wang Tong sat steadily on his chair. After all of the peak masters gave Kong Hou first meeting gifts, he said, “I just divined the days—it is an auspicious day three days from now. All five elements are in harmony. I have decided to have the apprenticeship ceremony on that day.”

Heng Yan knew that while Wang Tong wasn’t a reliable person, he was a stubborn one. If what he decided didn’t affect the sect, he would not change his mind. He looked at the adorable and obedient child in front of him and nodded. “All right.”

Hearing the sect master’s agreement, Wang Tong turned and said to Cheng Yi, “Cheng Yi, go and inform the Five Elements Hall to prepare to hold an apprenticeship ceremony.”

“What is the hurry—are you afraid I will regret it?” Seeing him so impatient, Heng Yan didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. “This child has just arrived at the sect; take her to rest.” The matters were finished. If he didn’t hurry them out, Wang Tong and Qing Yuan would start up again.

“Many thanks, Sect Master Shixiong.” Wang Tong stood and glanced at Qing Yuan. He said lightly, “Today, I will give Shixiong face and not argue with a certain person.”

“You!” Qing Yuan slapped the arm of his chair and suddenly stood. “Wang Tong, do not go overboard. I have endured you for a long time.”

“All right, all right.” Pei Huai and the other two peak masters hurried to stop him. “Wang Tong has just returned; do not make a fuss.”

“I’m not making a fuss—he is deliberately provoking me.” Restrained by his shixiong and shidi, Qing Yuan couldn’t move. He glared, blowed on his beard in anger. If not for the fact that there was a child present, he would have started cursing already.

As the master of a peak, even as impulsive as he was, he knew not to say curse words in front of a young child.

“Ha, ha.” Wang Tong laughed disdainfully and held Kong Hou’s hand. “Apprentice, we are leaving.”

Kong Hou nodded obediently and pretended not to have seen the grudge between Master and the shibo.

“Good apprentice, you have just come to the sect. Remember to stay away from some narrow-minded people.”

Kong Hou: “…”

“Do you know what are narrow-minded people?”

Kong Hou heard the sound of items smashing to the ground behind her and shook her head silently.

“It is the people who like to laugh at others behind their backs. They are the most devious and cunning.”

The sound of chairs being overturned came from behind them.