Chapter 19: Borrowing Books

After walking out of the borders of Splendid Cloud Sect, Zhou Xing who had been silent said in a trembling voice, “Big Brother, the people of Splendid Cloud Sect are all fake gentlemen. They are… are…”

He thought about how he had been imprisoned in a dark and silent jail cell for several days. No one spoke to him, and he couldn’t see a thing. He managed to see a light inside, but what he saw were other people being punished. The wails were one louder than the previous, and caused him to tremble.

That wasn’t all. The one applying the punishment said, “This Mind Manifestation Forebear being punished still has five thousand cuts left to go.”

“He used children to make pills—what forebear does he count as?” The other person snorted. “Death would be a benefit to him.”

For some reason, Zhou Xing felt that those two glanced towards where he was when they were speaking. This frightened him. He didn’t dare to curse or shout, and even lightened his breathing.

The outside said that Splendid Cloud Sect were peaceful, easy-going, and lived in harmony. Those were all lies. What part of those punishments was easy-going? Right now, when he closed his eyes, he could see that Mind Manifestation cultivator’s flesh being cut off his body.

“Close your mouth!” Zhou Cang said angrily. “Splendid Cloud Sect let you live because I threw away my face and begged. What place do you think this is—those second and third-rate little sects? This is Splendid Cloud Sect, a large sect which has existed for many years. Do not think that Splendid Cloud Sect is really easy to bully because others joke about some of Splendid Cloud Sect’s little matters. If Splendid Cloud Sect were really so useless, would they have been able to exist for this many years in Lingyou World?!”

Zhou Xing was still unwilling. He just wanted to say how Splendid Cloud Sect punished others when he heard Zhou Cang say, “When we return, you will go into seclusion and cultivate. Without my permission, you will not go anywhere. If you do such a thing again, I cannot protect you.”

“You are the sect master of Sky Sect. Do you…”

“Not anymore,” Zhou Cang said expressionlessly. “Radiance Sect will not allow a cultivator who cannot control his family to be the sect master.”

The Zhou Brothers had left, but Radiance Sect’s peak master Song He still remained in Splendid Cloud Sect. People who cultivated sometimes needed to gather together and discuss to make up for their shortcomings.

Splendid Cloud Sect had abundant spirit energy, a harmonious atmosphere, and delicious food…

Song He stood on the mountain peak. He looked at the mists covering the mountain and sighed. Splendid Cloud Sect was a place that people came to and did not want to leave. No wonder foreign cultivators would frequently come to Harmonious City to play, and the major sects came to Harmonious City to open shop. The people who lived here enjoyed life too much.

If he was not a sword cultivator with a strong mind, as he ate the delicious food that Splendid Cloud Sect prepared every day, he would most likely also feel that life had to be so comfortable. After lamenting for a time, he heard a voice from midway up the mountain. The disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect must be having classes.

“Shixiong, so divination also requires memorizing these things. I thought that someone could naturally understand when they started cultivating.”

“Who told you that you will know everything when you start cultivating?”

“I did not read random storybooks.” Kong Hou shook her head. “I’m just asking, just asking.”

“The heavens and earth, the yin- yang, the heavenly stems and earth pillars, the stars and mountains, all of them are related to divination.” Cheng Yi did not argue with her. “The simpler one’s life, the easier it will be to divine. The more complex the person or the matter, the easier they will be affected. Our Splendid Cloud Sect is not skilled in divination, but we cannot be ignorant. You have reached Base Building. After you start on divination, you can go to Treasure Hall and pick a lifebond talisman for yourself, or pick suitable materials to make one with your own hands.