Chapter 135: Her

Yuan Chen bent down to pick up this kasaya and hung it off his arm. The bright red kasaya flew on his arm and flapped out loud.

“Shishu.” The monks who heard something had happened hurried over. They saw Shishu standing on the stairs, his monk robes bloodied, and his kasaya hanging loosely from his arm as though it would be blown away by the wind at any moment.

Hearing their shouts, Yuan Chen looked silently at them, and said to the most powerful monk, “Stay here to protect.”

Yes.” The monk put his palms together and sat down in the western position.

Suddenly, the wind rose and blew away Yuan Chen’s kasaya. It flew over the courtyard walls and disappeared in the black night.

“Shishu, I will find it for you.”

“No need.” Yuan Chen slowly put his palms together. He looked at the ordeal clouds in the sky and repeated, “No need.”

The monk looked dazedly at Yuan Cheng. A moment later, he nodded. “Yes, yes.”
Yuan Chen did not speak. He turned and walked into the darkness, his slightly plump figure consumed into the night. The monk looked at his back and wanted to give chase. But seeing the rolling ordeal clouds in the sky, he sat down cross-legged and protected the cultivator in ordeal surpassing.

As a monk, he had a benevolent heart. He could not pretend that nothing had happened when he saw someone in difficulty.

The ordeal clouds increased and the sky seemed to fall down.

Huan Zhong opened his eyes. He could not sit peacefully. His heart was restless. Qiu Shuang stood at the side and silently observed his every action. Seeing him reveal panic on his usually calm face, Qiu Shuang showed a smile. The disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect did not need a perfect partner, but a partner of a Splendid Cloud Sect disciple who was perfect but had no love was not a good candidate either.

When the first ordeal lightning landed on her body, Kong Hou looked in puzzlement at the sky. Were lightning ordeals so gentle? This was gentler than the soldier puppets that beat her in the illusion tower.

But when lightning continued to fall, Kong Hou understood this was not gentle but diplomacy before violence. She used her sword to block some bolts of lightning. She touched her messy hair. Ordeal lightning was usually nine bolts. Why had she been struck more than ten times?

She looked up at the dragon-like lightning. Kong Hou inhaled sharply. This was going to kill her. She didn’t dare to block with Water Frost any longer. Kong Hou threw the Phoenix Head hairpin. Phoenix Head flew into the sky and turned into a beautiful rainbow phoenix that raised its head to cry. It welcomed the lightning.

“Phoenix…” Radiance Sect’s members watched the phoenix who collided with the ordeal lightning in the air. They were dazed and almost didn’t believe their eyes. No matter in the mortal world or cultivation world, dragons and phoenixes had special meaning. The lifebond talismans of most cultivators, even if they were intelligent, were mostly energy forms or invisible. There were not many talismans that could take visible form.

First there was Spirit Master Zhong Xi, now this was… who?

The disciples of Splendid Cloud Sect sat in rows under the eaves. Looking at the flying phoenix and bright light of the lightning, they were silent.

“I feel… this lightning ordeal is slightly familiar,” Ling Hui whispered. “Wu Chuan Shixiong, how do you feel?”

Wu Chuan stared at the fading phoenix shadow. “Kong Hou has not yet reached full Mind Activation Stage.” How could she be in an ordeal?