Chapter 5: Brocade Bag

Even though he had not been in the cultivation world for many years, Wang Tong still felt that his luck at getting red envelope was as bad as ever.

“20% discount on select talismans.”

“Discount on special magic robes.”

Wang Tong opened the brocade bags and saw the coupons with the seal of Sky Sect. He felt sorrow rise. Coupons were good, but he could not afford to buy Sky Sect’s items.

Any magic robe would need hundreds and thousands of spirit stones. Not just twenty percent off, even if it was ninety percent off, it would still pain him like a knife being twisted in his heart. He turned to look at his two apprentices. One had a fifty spirit stones exchange coupon, another an eighty spirit stones coupon. This was much more practical than getting the discount coupons. But a cunning sect like Sky Sect would not give many coupons like that.

Wang Tong shoved his coupons back in the brocade bag and tried not to show his jealousy. In cultivation, strength was important. While luck was a mysterious thing, everyone wanted to have good luck.

When he had accepted these two apprentices in the past, he had looked down on them for their ordinary talent. But these two had extremely good luck. Their advancement speed wasn’t any slower than that of any of the geniuses in the sect. Others in the sect even said that all of his luck had been spent on getting two lucky apprentices.

Fortunately, the two apprentices were filial. When his money was tight, they would come and help him. As he thought about this, Wang Tong felt happier. What the apprentices had was his as well.

“Master.” The soft voice of a child. The little girl with her loose hair carried a pile of brocade bags, her face scrunching up. “I won’t be able to carry these anymore.”

“Put them here.” Tan Feng found a cloth bag and had Kong Hou throw in the brocade bags. Then he held hands with her and said, “Little Shimei has very good luck. Let’s go back to the inn and open them.”

“Yes.” Kong Hou nodded. She was extremely curious about the brocade bags. “Can these brocade bags be traded for a lot of money?”

Tan Feng wanted to say this was Sky Sect’s way of advertising and selling their own talismans and pills. But facing Little Shimei‘s hopeful eyes, he swallowed his morals and nodded. “Yes, we can. Little Shimei is extremely lucky. We cannot pick this many red envelopes.”

This was a child. Adults should praise children a lot.

Tan Feng’s words made Kong Hou extremely happy. She was able to get so many red envelopes after just coming to the cultivation world. Master and the shixiong would like her even more.

When they reached the inn, and Kong Hou’s curiosity about the inn passed, Kong Hou sat down properly on the chair and said to Wang Tong and the two shixiong, “While you didn’t get many brocade bags, do not be unhappy. When I get something good, I will share with you.”

Wang Tong silently drank his tea. The swindler Sky Sect was going to make his little apprentice happy for nothing.

“Really?” Tan Feng showed a suitably joyous and surprised expression. “That would be wonderful.”

“Yes.” Kong Hou nodded. “My words will count.” She was not a three-year-old child. If she said she would share, she would not go back on her word.

After giving a solemn promise, Kong Hou started to open the brocade bags. When she was halfway through, she looked at Tan Feng. “Second Shixiong, I will open and you will look, all right?”

“All right.” Tan Feng was happy to play at opening red envelopes with Little Shimei.

“Ten spirit stones voucher.”